The what's going on in Thrash thread

I've been going through a shitload of Aussie bands recently and some of them have been utter crap so I think I've had my quota thanks :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I have found some half decent thrash, but most of it is hard to get. Although not as hard as the 80's and 90's stuff some of which isn't even on YT.

http://bravewords.com/news/anthrax-...l-kings-to-be-released-for-cassette-store-day

I didn't listen to the interview because I've had my fill of aggressive this week :p but the concept of releasing cassettes is an interesting one. I understand vinyl, people have fond love affairs with big licorice pizza's. I understand CD's, they are good for keeping the birds away from the fruit trees, but what good are cassettes? I know we all had and still have cassettes but they age badly, there is no avoiding the fact that each time you play one it stretches further and there is no room for a decent cover. Seriously unless a tape copy of an album is half the price of the CD I can't see the appeal.

Edit: Oh and Donais still looks like he's a fill-in in the picture, not sure why, maybe it's the fact that the others are rubbing each other up and there is a gap between him and Frank, but it looks like they have split with him.

Now that we'd changed time for daylight savings I no longer get Bravewords On This Day (which is actually yesterday) at breakfast time. I have to either log on later or be out of whack another day because Bravewords lives in yesterday. Damn first world problems!!

http://bravewords.com/news/anthrax-...l-kings-to-be-released-for-cassette-store-day

I didn't listen to the interview because I've had my fill of aggressive this week :p but the concept of releasing cassettes is an interesting one. I understand vinyl, people have fond love affairs with big licorice pizza's. I understand CD's, they are good for keeping the birds away from the fruit trees, but what good are cassettes? I know we all had and still have cassettes but they age badly, there is no avoiding the fact that each time you play one it stretches further and there is no room for a decent cover. Seriously unless a tape copy of an album is half the price of the CD I can't see the appeal.

Edit: Oh and Donais still looks like he's a fill-in in the picture, not sure why, maybe it's the fact that the others are rubbing each other up and there is a gap between him and Frank, but it looks like they have split with him.
LOL, the others are rubbing each other up? I really have zero idea why people are making tapes, except as a novelty they are pretty shitty. It's not something I would go back to. And even as a novelty. Why bother. Vinyl I get. But not these.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
LOL, the others are rubbing each other up? I really have zero idea why people are making tapes, except as a novelty they are pretty shitty. It's not something I would go back to. And even as a novelty. Why bother. Vinyl I get. But not these.

It's okay to be on a personal level with your fellow band mates and give them a rub. :p It's obviously hard to tell if they are actually rubbing each other up in a still photograph, but they do all seem to be touching each other yet Donais looks like he's been cut from the photo and moved away, like they've split.

I haven't seen tapes in the stores, and it seems like they have a special day, but I can't help wondering whether cassettes are not as valuable as vinyl. If the stores here think some vinyl is worth $50+ I wonder if people are silly enough to pay $50 for some retro tech tapes.

:D you have to get it like the rest of us!

It's now coming up to lunch time and I haven't gone back to Bravewords to see the important happenings of the 7th of October. It doubt I will get to it now until tomorrow morning which will be the 9th of October. Dammit, there is wars, famine, drought, fuckwit world leaders and then there is me having to wait nearly two days to find out what important news happened on that day in history!

It's okay to be on a personal level with your fellow band mates and give them a rub. :p It's obviously hard to tell if they are actually rubbing each other up in a still photograph, but they do all seem to be touching each other yet Donais looks like he's been cut from the photo and moved away, like they've split.

I haven't seen tapes in the stores, and it seems like they have a special day, but I can't help wondering whether cassettes are not as valuable as vinyl. If the stores here think some vinyl is worth $50+ I wonder if people are silly enough to pay $50 for some retro tech tapes.
I don't think cassettes are any more than they used to be. Nuclear Blast has been putting them out for certain releases for years. Before the reunion Testament was selling Demonic cassettes signed by Chuck for..don't quote me but I think $6.66

It's now coming up to lunch time and I haven't gone back to Bravewords to see the important happenings of the 7th of October. It doubt I will get to it now until tomorrow morning which will be the 9th of October. Dammit, there is wars, famine, drought, fuckwit world leaders and then there is me having to wait nearly two days to find out what important news happened on that day in history!
I would protest!