The what's going on in Thrash thread

WTF!!!Really, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was another band member change at this point!!!

Oh I hope not either,but a Carlson return would be just what the doctor ordered.Not that I don’t like Steve’s playing of course!

Reactions: redfly
Oh I hope not either,but a Carlson return would be just what the doctor ordered.Not that I don’t like Steve’s playing of course!
Carlson would be pretty sweet but I feel like Steve has kept Mike's more stripped down radio tastes in check. Ugly noise was all Mike and then Steve came and along with Spencer we got a thrash album.

Reactions: redfly
I just got an email from Flotsam's label.

" Release will be in late January. An official announcement to follow soon "

Given the date was Nov 9 you'd have to say the CD is done and they aren't still in the studio so I wonder if the hold up is that band or the label.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Jr really getting around! He looks in better shape than he has in years too.
Hope Dave doesn't read it. It says the pair "Co Founded" Megadeth ;). And what's up with saying the hard rock act Megadeth and then saying the big 4 of thrash? Hard rock is NOT thrash.
www.blabbermouth.net/news/megadeth-bassist-visits-former-hometown-gifts-high-school-music-program-video/

It's interesting following the news of this. I have no idea how big the town of Jackson is or if anyone one else notable came from the town (maybe there is a special day for everyone in the place) but to see how much support they are putting behind one bass player in a band who might well have been at the top of their game for 30 years but is still small based on the music industry stars of today is quite unusual. It's an accolade for Dave himself but at the same time it's good to see that some schools are changing with the times and realising that not everything is top 40.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
It's interesting following the news of this. I have no idea how big the town of Jackson is or if anyone one else notable came from the town (maybe there is a special day for everyone in the place) but to see how much support they are putting behind one bass player in a band who might well have been at the top of their game for 30 years but is still small based on the music industry stars of today is quite unusual. It's an accolade for Dave himself but at the same time it's good to see that some schools are changing with the times and realising that not everything is top 40.
Seems like more than a few towns are putting up their own local hall of fames lately.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed