The what's going on in Thrash thread

I don't know enough about either book but apparently the Lost Books of the Bible go into more detail and it's apparently the stuff that was removed from the bible because it was not what Christians wanted to admit to. I can't remember which video it was of his in which he discusses it but it would have to be one released before 2000 because I really haven't followed him that closely since around then. The time he got knocked on his ass at one of his shows was about 10 years after he was picking fights with Rollins. Most of the fights he picked never actually happened.

Mexico love the the Dusk to Dawn series, maybe they like Danzig and his devil worshipping, it is his 30yr anniversary :) I would imagine Slayer is the bigger draw card and by the look of the bill poster Slayer were headlining one of the stages last Sunday. Rob Zombie headlined the other stage with System of a Down and AIC headlining the day before. Looks like Danzig was on a different stage. But the bill poster doesn't quite gel with the MI article anyway. If they were both headlining their own stage maybe that's close to equal billing but surely Slayer and Danzig weren't the only two bans effected.

It kind of does look like MI is making a deal out of this that no one else is. especially when they headline their article with "There is new drama between Slayer and Danzig." Who knew there was an old drama? Blabbermouth can't get involved until KK has something to say about it :)

Reactions: redfly
I don't know a shit load about the bible either. But what more is needed after plague and massive flood? lol That's shall we say...Megadeth?

Judging only by the Ozzfest I went to way way back the third stage was the minor stage. But that may have zero bearing on any other festival. It sounds like almost everyone bailed and went home.
It does seem like MI is just looking for shit to put up on the site lol.

LOL, yes. Where is KK?

Reactions: Slammed
I once went looking for the books Danzig talked about but never actually found anything. They do exist but back then mail order from overseas wasn't what it is now. From what I can gather it's like the Bible is the parental guidance version of the R rated Lost Books Of The Bible.

The bill poster has some good names on it but it's a bit hard to read since I don't understand Spanish or whatever language it's written in. But I honestly can't see Danzig being evening viewing on the main stage is Slayer and Rob Zombie are there at the top of the list.

Maybe KK needs to start talking to MI exclusively then he can get involved in the real stories :)

Maybe he could write a sequel and come up with more wonderful facts of the music industry.

I just did a google search for KK Dowling (couldn't remember the name of the book everyone is talking about :) ) and Google suggested I should search for KK Dowling net worth...so I did.

Downing is an English semi-retired guitarist and songwriter who has a net worth of $40 million.
I wonder how up to date that is. Given the collapse of the golf course, the sale of many of his songs and his estate last I read was only worth something like about 7.5 million pounds. Maybe the book really did sell well!!

It's only early days for the book, there is still the Christmas rush, so Goggle could be predicting the future.

http://bravewords.com/news/pete-san...-that-s-why-i-didn-t-think-about-joining-them

I find it funny someone thought there was a need to ask Pete why he didn't join such bands as Slayer and Megadeth. Even if Pete wasn't playing his own thing and going through back injuries he's the last drummer I would consider for Megadeth, he'd also be a long way down the list for possibly replacements in Slayer. They guy has always played heavy music but not the same sort of music Megadeth and Slayer spend their days making.

Reactions: Neptune
http://bravewords.com/news/pete-san...-that-s-why-i-didn-t-think-about-joining-them

I find it funny someone thought there was a need to ask Pete why he didn't join such bands as Slayer and Megadeth. Even if Pete wasn't playing his own thing and going through back injuries he's the last drummer I would consider for Megadeth, he'd also be a long way down the list for possibly replacements in Slayer. They guy has always played heavy music but not the same sort of music Megadeth and Slayer spend their days making.
LOL, because Slayer has no blast beats? That's his reason? Not that he's not on the list? Ok, let's hear him do some Testament :rolleyes:
I find it really hard to believe any capable drummer wouldn't take the Slayer slot because of blast beats.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
LOL, because Slayer has no blast beats? That's his reason? Not that he's not on the list? Ok, let's hear him do some Testament :rolleyes:
I find it really hard to believe any capable drummer wouldn't take the Slayer slot because of blast beats.

Well apart from the fact that time time Slayer had a slot for a drummer he was suffering back injuries which did lead to surgery I can understand his reasoning. His music has always been death metal, his drumming helped define the genre. Sure he can probably play what Slayer and Megadeth do but his choice was not to because of the blast beats he was playing. Given there is so many different blasts beats it's hardly surprising he chose to stay true to what he helped create rather than jump genres. I think asking him why he didn't try out for a band like Slayer is far sillier than his reasoning for not doing it.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly