The what's going on in Thrash thread

Neither could he for about 10 years.

I fell off a lighting tower about 25 years ago, wasn't the worst fall but I still get twinges and some days it's hard to even sit. But to actually spend your job sitting down and banging away at the speed Pete did I couldn't imagine. Maybe he should invest in one of those therapeutic office chairs and a modified drum kit now he's old :)
Holy crap man, how high was the tower?

Reactions: Slammed
Holy crap man, how high was the tower?

About 9 or 10 foot. Wasn't overly high and the stage was ply wood so it kind of acted like a wrestling ring and bounced, but it still hurt. One of those silly workplace moments when in hindsight you know you should have been paying more attention than you were.

Reactions: redfly
Lol, lots of potatoes in our government...and everywhere else lol.

This is our potato. Fucker nearly ended up running the country a few months back

article-8572-hero.jpg

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
About 9 or 10 foot. Wasn't overly high and the stage was ply wood so it kind of acted like a wrestling ring and bounced, but it still hurt. One of those silly workplace moments when in hindsight you know you should have been paying more attention than you were.
Still, it doesn't take much if you fall the wrong way.

Reactions: Slammed
Still, it doesn't take much if you fall the wrong way.

Oh for sure. It's weird to see how an inch either way, or a different angle, or something else so darn small could change so much. In many ways I was lucky where other people haven't been, but it doesn't feel that way some days when I can't move. :)

Oh for sure. It's weird to see how an inch either way, or a different angle, or something else so darn small could change so much. In many ways I was lucky where other people haven't been, but it doesn't feel that way some days when I can't move. :)
I've definitely been there. Thankfully only temporarily, two weeks at a time at most. I can't even imagine if it went on for years. Even sporadically.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I've definitely been there. Thankfully only temporarily, two weeks at a time at most. I can't even imagine if it went on for years. Even sporadically.

It's funny how the body works. I had a car hit me crossing the road in '97. Wasn't serious the driver was stopped at a pedestrian crossing and wasn't looking for pedestrians only cars. Was really slow speed and I just fell onto the bonnet but I left a dent with my elbow, I barely felt it, didn't even hit the ground just slid off and kept walking. Every now and again these days my elbow twinges and hurts like shit for ten minutes. Doesn't stop me doing anything but twenty years on it still sends me a reminder.

Amazing how much damage one person can do right?!

It's got to the point these days that I just laugh at these morons, if I didn't laugh I might take them seriously :) The joke at the time because of all the Prime Ministers who'd lost their jobs due to their own team knifing them in the back was that our next PM wasn't going to be knifed instead his deputy would need a potato peeler :)

It's funny how the body works. I had a car hit me crossing the road in '97. Wasn't serious the driver was stopped at a pedestrian crossing and wasn't looking for pedestrians only cars. Was really slow speed and I just fell onto the bonnet but I left a dent with my elbow, I barely felt it, didn't even hit the ground just slid off and kept walking. Every now and again these days my elbow twinges and hurts like shit for ten minutes. Doesn't stop me doing anything but twenty years on it still sends me a reminder.
That still sucks though. Stupid people.

It's got to the point these days that I just laugh at these morons, if I didn't laugh I might take them seriously :) The joke at the time because of all the Prime Ministers who'd lost their jobs due to their own team knifing them in the back was that our next PM wasn't going to be knifed instead his deputy would need a potato peeler :)
LOL that's hilarious.

Maybe if everyone laughed at them instead of one side getting outraged and the other side hooting and whistling, the fuckers would get embarrassed and stop acting like dicks.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune