The what's going on in Thrash thread

A quick search comes up with the following live tracks.
https://www.setlist.fm/?wicket:inte...ngRow:songLinkPanel:songLink::ILinkListener::
Anarchy in the U.K. (Sex Pistols cover)
These Boots Are Made for Walkin' (Lee Hazlewood cover)
Paranoid (Black Sabbath cover)
Cold Sweat (Thin Lizzy cover)
I Ain't Superstitious (Willie Dixon cover)
Never Say Die (Black Sabbath cover)
No Class (Motörhead cover)
Auf Wiedersehen (Cheap Trick cover)
Phantom Lord (Metallica cover)
Wild Irish Rose (George Jones cover)
Problem Child (AC/DC cover)
La Marseillaise (Claude-Joseph Rouget de l'Isle cover)
My Sweet Lord (George Harrison cover)
Outshined (Soundgarden cover)
It's Electric (Diamond Head cover)

While recorded covers comes up with

Ain't Superstitious (1986) I Ain't Superstitious by Howlin' Wolf (1962)
Melt the Ice Away (2016) Melt the Ice Away by Budgie (Band) (1978)
Cold Sweat (2013) Cold Sweat by Thin Lizzy (1983)
Problems (1995) Problems by Sex Pistols (1977)
Foreign Policy (2016) Foreign Policy by Fear (1982)
Strange Ways (2004) Strange Ways by Kiss (1974)
These Boots (1985) These Boots Are Made for Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra (1966)
Paranoid (1994) Paranoid by Black Sabbath (1970)
Duke Nukem Theme (1999) Grabbag by Lee Jackson (1996)
Out on the Tiles (2007) Out on the Tiles by Led Zeppelin (1970)
Never Say Die (2000) Never Say Die by Black Sabbath (1978)
No More Mr. Nice Guy (1989) No More Mr. Nice Guy by Alice Cooper (1973)
Anarchy in the U.K. (1988) Anarchy In The U.K The Sex Pistols (1977)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
According to the website Phantom Lord was 2013 in Toronto and only played once. The site it came from gets people to report cover songs by any band live and then tallies them up.

There is also a live recording of Am I Evil with Anthrax Slayer and Metallica which was the Big 4 gig but I don't know whether that is a cover or a jam session.

According to the website Phantom Lord was 2013 in Toronto and only played once. The site it came from gets people to report cover songs by any band live and then tallies them up.

There is also a live recording of Am I Evil with Anthrax Slayer and Metallica which was the Big 4 gig but I don't know whether that is a cover or a jam session.
The Am I Evil was a jam with everyone and only Lars got a drum set lol.

It seems very strange that they would cover Phantom Lord to me. I'll have to find my cassette and check the writing creds. I wonder if the person was confused and meant The Four Horsman/ Mechanix.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Yeah I thought Am I Evil was something like that. I wouldn't have called it a cover. But the website asks for any song that is not their own so I guess it's not incorrect for the website.

Mustaine is credited on Phantom so again that means its not technically a cover.

I always thought his band deserved better than it got. They weren't brilliant but they were better than some of the shit around at the time

In some ways I don't blame him for pulling the pin when sales were so far down, but I do agree that with time and the right push from a record company there is no reason why he couldn't have got better sales

I feel like it was a little self sabotage. Maybe scared to succeed scared to fail. because he only went halfway with it. He knew people would be excited about his return. And it was good, but it was stripped down and basic. There was a time for that, but that time was decades before. People don't want stuff that sounds like that. And he knows it. But he made it sound like that anyway.
With I think predictable results.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I was happy to let him get away with it. I liked both the album and the EP and think he should have had another go with a third release.

Reactions: redfly