The what's going on in Thrash thread

Man that is so true. I've forgotten who said it. But they said social media is the cancer of our time. Forgetting the joke I would say that I thought cancer was the cancer of our time. It's a very true statement. One or a few individuals can cause massive damage and it's very easy to make things look legitimate.

Social media is definitely shaping up like that. It's such a powerful tool but people are too stupid to use it properly. Schools are big on cyber bullying these days (and they should be) but in reality the crap that most people do in news sites is nothing more than cyber bullying.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah me too. It's been a very long time since I've seen it. One of the steaming services I have had a while back and I passed it up. I wish I hadn't lol

I got it on DVD not long after it became available. I have't watched it as much as I watched the VHS version but I still like the movie.

By the way isn't it amazing how quickly dream Theater can put an album together? They say they're working on one and before you know it, it's done.

Yeah it doesn't seem like that long since the last. Maybe that's why not every song is a great song but it's better than "we were working hard, we want it perfect, we want it aggressive, we want it angry"

I think it helps that Dream Theater actually get in the same place to do it. That doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna be great but it does cut down on the time it takes. Do you think in general albums come out better when everyone is together rather than sending files? Or do you think it doesn't matter much? I can't really say for sure. but it seems like albums from back in the day were overall better, more energetic. Possibly because everyone was involved and jamming together.
I really just wish Testament would get in a room together and write. Not that I don't trust Eric or not like Brotherhood. But I think we could be missing magic by them not doing it old school. Energy feeds energy ya know?

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
For writing I don't think it matters much but for recording I think it works better when they are together to bounce ideas off and even play off each other. It can obviously be quite hard for some bands given the way people spread out around the world and for those circumstances sending files is more of a necessity than anything else. I think having someone out of the studio is nearly the same as having that person out of the loop and we forever hear about musos leaving bands because they didn't feel they fitted in.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
They are a band I only ever partially got into. I never really disliked them but I rushed out to buy their albums.
I never got into them until Empire, which I really like. I really like Mindcrime and Promised land too. I don't care much for the stuff before Mindcrime or after Hear In The Now Frontier. but the stuff with Todd has been really good. And I'm encouraged when they say this is our most metal album. I'm not sure if that meant with Todd or overall.

Reactions: Slammed
I never got into them until Empire, which I really like. I really like Mindcrime and Promised land too. I don't care much for the stuff before Mindcrime or after Hear In The Now Frontier. but the stuff with Todd has been really good. And I'm encouraged when they say this is our most metal album. I'm not sure if that meant with Todd or overall.

I tend to listen to their singles and the clips that pop up from time to time and I do like some of them but I just never get around to listening to their full albums or buying them.

I think it's the same as he's always done. Just hard rock.

It probably is, he's not known for being a heavy guitarist. I didn't mind his stuff with Slash's Snakepit but it's not something I listen to often. I don't think I've heard anything from his stuff with Myles Kennedy and whatever they call themselves.