The what's going on in Thrash thread

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sl...aring-conservatives-vs-liberals-chain-letter/

Gotta love the way no one of note can have a political view these days without upsetting someone. I don't know much about the republicans and conservatives but if it's anything like this country right and left, red and blue, it makes little difference, they are all politicians and they are all wankers in it for themselves. But I find it humorous that no matter what side of the fence a person sits on, or even if they sit on the fence as I think Tom suggested he was, someone is still willing to get shitty with you. Once upon a time people just disagreed with others if they voted for another person, now it seems you have to verbally kick the shit out of a person who voted for someone else.

Points to the person in the comments who claimed tom did it just to annoy Kerry though! :)

Reactions: redfly
Reactions: Slammed
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sl...aring-conservatives-vs-liberals-chain-letter/

Gotta love the way no one of note can have a political view these days without upsetting someone. I don't know much about the republicans and conservatives but if it's anything like this country right and left, red and blue, it makes little difference, they are all politicians and they are all wankers in it for themselves. But I find it humorous that no matter what side of the fence a person sits on, or even if they sit on the fence as I think Tom suggested he was, someone is still willing to get shitty with you. Once upon a time people just disagreed with others if they voted for another person, now it seems you have to verbally kick the shit out of a person who voted for someone else.

Points to the person in the comments who claimed tom did it just to annoy Kerry though! :)
Man, it's like the Hatfields and the McKoys here for some people. Politics brings out the crazies like nothing else except religion. The two party system is a joke.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/lars-ulrich-hopes-metallica-can-keep-going-for-another-20-25-years/

I think seeing his dad on Youtube has gone to Lars' head. I think he needs to start putting on face make up and dressing the band up so that everyone can retire and they can put new players in the roles just like Paul Stanley thought Kiss could do if he wants another 20 years.
Lol I he hasn't been able to play for 20 + years, another 20 and it'll be a snare and cymbal.

Yeah same here. I'm interested, but I don't really have any hope I'll like it. I haven't liked them that much since Kevin Moore left and then when Sherinian left they completely lost me. I don't like Rudass at all. But I'm willing to give it a go.

I like the way they can make epic metal but not every song is great and some just seem to drag on. It's like DragonForce, they can run some great riffs write some reasonable songs but one or two good songs don't make a great album.

Man, it's like the Hatfields and the McKoys here for some people. Politics brings out the crazies like nothing else except religion. The two party system is a joke.

In this country we've always seemed to consider our parties and their members a joke. When that chick blew the US president we had jokes about how if it was the Aussie PM we'd be cheering him on and congratulating him. We joked that the only good politician was dead one and all that sort of stuff, but these days there is no joking, just people taking offence to someone saying something they disagree with. Like I say I don't know that much about US stuff and therefore what Tom said was too much for me to process but I really don't think less or more of the guy simply for saying it whatever he did.

I like the way they can make epic metal but not every song is great and some just seem to drag on. It's like DragonForce, they can run some great riffs write some reasonable songs but one or two good songs don't make a great album.
They can make some good stuff, but for me that keyboard player just ruins every cool heavy vibe they get going.

Lol I he hasn't been able to play for 20 + years, another 20 and it'll be a snare and cymbal.

In 20 years he will be 75, even with his skill, or lack thereof, playing drums for an hour an a half a night at 75 is a hell of an effort. I don't care about the music, I want someone to hold him to the statement now!

In this country we've always seemed to consider our parties and their members a joke. When that chick blew the US president we had jokes about how if it was the Aussie PM we'd be cheering him on and congratulating him. We joked that the only good politician was dead one and all that sort of stuff, but these days there is no joking, just people taking offence to someone saying something they disagree with. Like I say I don't know that much about US stuff and therefore what Tom said was too much for me to process but I really don't think less or more of the guy simply for saying it whatever he did.
Politics here have gotten very dirty over the last few years. A lot of propaganda preying on the not so educated. Especially when Obama became president. Take it for what it is lol

Politics here have gotten very dirty over the last few years. A lot of propaganda preying on the not so educated. Especially when Obama became president. Take it for what it is lol

Yeah I think it's getting that way everywhere. I think the freedom of the internet is largely responsible because people can say whatever they like and never get held to task. I've got a mate who says he questions both sides of politics and spends hours a day responding to articles from the newspaper and the comments of people on those site. He comes off as a complete dick most of the time and looks like he's just arguing for the sake of arguing. People like him constantly do shit like that and it makes it so easy for propaganda to spread when people are like that.

Yeah I think it's getting that way everywhere. I think the freedom of the internet is largely responsible because people can say whatever they like and never get held to task. I've got a mate who says he questions both sides of politics and spends hours a day responding to articles from the newspaper and the comments of people on those site. He comes off as a complete dick most of the time and looks like he's just arguing for the sake of arguing. People like him constantly do shit like that and it makes it so easy for propaganda to spread when people are like that.
Man that is so true. I've forgotten who said it. But they said social media is the cancer of our time. Forgetting the joke I would say that I thought cancer was the cancer of our time. It's a very true statement. One or a few individuals can cause massive damage and it's very easy to make things look legitimate.