The what's going on in Thrash thread

Reactions: redfly
According to MI there is a story breaking with some news/media outlet in the US where they are trying to link some guy killing his family to Metallica because evidence suggests he looked up the lyrics to Battery either before or after doing the deed. The connection is obvious with words like “Smashing through the boundaries, lunacy has found me” and “Pounding out aggression, turns into obsession". Although they do some what loose that obvious connection when it gets to..."Cannot kill the family.”

I suppose given one of the media outlets that picked the connection was People Mag it's hardly surprising. If only the guy had looked up the lyrics to Ride the Lightning he's have only killed himself!

I really think those guys need to work on their promo shots. Howe doesn't look metal enough. Kurdt does look metal but he looks like he's only there because he has to be, but Stet looks like he's one step away from make up and a perm.
Haha yeah, I guess maybe Mike has had a regular job too long and is stuck like that now? He's just a happy guy I guess! Stet still think's he's in Wasp lol. He seems to have recovered from the cancer pretty well though.

Reactions: Slammed
Now why can't all the bands these days come out with something like that. It might not be perfect but shit that sounds a heap better than what many are dishing up. It's got a bit of heaviness, it's got some hardness about it, it's even kind of catchy. I would probably buy the album based on that song.
Right? it's a pretty damn good song. I hope the album does well for them. Kurdt from Metal Church is crazy for not wanting his albums to sound modern like this. He said he wants the vinyl thrash sound. I thought vinyl was pretty much dead by the time thrash came around. I also didn't know the vinyl sound meant no balls.

According to MI there is a story breaking with some news/media outlet in the US where they are trying to link some guy killing his family to Metallica because evidence suggests he looked up the lyrics to Battery either before or after doing the deed. The connection is obvious with words like “Smashing through the boundaries, lunacy has found me” and “Pounding out aggression, turns into obsession". Although they do some what loose that obvious connection when it gets to..."Cannot kill the family.”

I suppose given one of the media outlets that picked the connection was People Mag it's hardly surprising. If only the guy had looked up the lyrics to Ride the Lightning he's have only killed himself!
Oh good lord. I thought they were done with this stupid shit. I mean seriously!

Haha yeah, I guess maybe Mike has had a regular job too long and is stuck like that now? He's just a happy guy I guess! Stet still think's he's in Wasp lol. He seems to have recovered from the cancer pretty well though.

I think Stet's look is beyond WASP and closer to a gay black metal band :) But I do feel bad for picking on him after his health issues.

Right? it's a pretty damn good song. I hope the album does well for them. Kurdt from Metal Church is crazy for not wanting his albums to sound modern like this. He said he wants the vinyl thrash sound. I thought vinyl was pretty much dead by the time thrash came around. I also didn't know the vinyl sound meant no balls.

The problem with Metal Church is that it doesn't appear they are getting they claim they want. F&J however are doing exactly what they claim and it's paying off.

Oh good lord. I thought they were done with this stupid shit. I mean seriously!

I know! I could not believe that anyone made such a connection. Even if he was singing the song for three weeks leading up to the incident it proves fuck all, yet a magazine like People think it's worthy enough to headline.