The what's going on in Thrash thread

Maybe he listened to the new album and he knew he wouldn't have to tour with any black metal bands :)
Now metalcore bands could be right up their alley :)

I really don't like black metal much, to me the fans of black metal are the vegans of the music world, they have to constantly remind you that black metal is a thing, that it really is music made by talented musicians and that they listen to it because it's superior!
There are/were some highly skilled bm bands and musicians(Dissection, Deathspell Omega) but id say overall that subgenre is filled with a shitload of talentless hacks. Most thrash and death metal musicians would play circles around them. And yeah, they have the most annoying fans.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Every genre of music has talent. Elton John is talented. Brian May is talented. I'd never suggest there was no talent in BM because there has to be but for me there just isn't enough substance in it. I listen to a wide range of stuff but pop, dance, BM and all its sub genres really don't interest me and I can't see them ever given me any enjoyment. I tend to turn off when people talk about BM.

Assaulter I don't mind, Witchaven I've never given much time too.
But I also don't generally get too involved with genres and sub genres, I'm a simple idiot and a new genre for every band confuses me :p
I probably listen to some bands that cross over into blackened thrash without knowing it because I just don't follow a band by genre. Some people seem to get confused when I suggest that but it works for me so I don't care.

Well I don't get involved with black metal as such, if I hear it it's rather distinctive. I guess that's what I'm trying to say. I can hear all sorts of thrash and like it or not like it without actually knowing if there is a sub genre related to it. I kind of do the same with death metal, I don't like all death metal but there are some bands I do listen to, I even try some new bands in the genre. But black metal to me always sounds the same so when I hear it I just turn off and lump it all in the same category. Maybe that makes me miss some gems in the rough but in general I don't mind.

Maybe he listened to the new album and he knew he wouldn't have to tour with any black metal bands :)
Now metalcore bands could be right up their alley :)

I really don't like black metal much, to me the fans of black metal are the vegans of the music world, they have to constantly remind you that black metal is a thing, that it really is music made by talented musicians and that they listen to it because it's superior!
No I don't like black metal all. lol

Reactions: Slammed
Well I don't get involved with black metal as such, if I hear it it's rather distinctive. I guess that's what I'm trying to say. I can hear all sorts of thrash and like it or not like it without actually knowing if there is a sub genre related to it. I kind of do the same with death metal, I don't like all death metal but there are some bands I do listen to, I even try some new bands in the genre. But black metal to me always sounds the same so when I hear it I just turn off and lump it all in the same category. Maybe that makes me miss some gems in the rough but in general I don't mind.
I don't completely disagree with Kurdt on it, I just think it was a dick thing to say in an interview. Especially when what they are doing isn't so great.

Reactions: Slammed
I don't completely disagree with Kurdt on it, I just think it was a dick thing to say in an interview. Especially when what they are doing isn't so great.

I'm beginning to think Kurdt wants MC to be a metalcore band, :) the last two releases have not been very powerful

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I think you might dig some melodic black metal like this ....

my favorite black metal album :D

I listened to the last song and I did like it overall. What doesn't get me going about a lot of black metal is the keyboards. To me there's nothing really aggressive about keys, they bring the song down for me. They are ok as an accent or like an organ sound. but overall they are not for me. I'm a picky fucking bastard. Can't help. I predominantly only really like thrash. And Sabbath. lol

I listened to the last song and I did like it overall. What doesn't get me going about a lot of black metal is the keyboards. To me there's nothing really aggressive about keys, they bring the song down for me. They are ok as an accent or like an organ sound. but overall they are not for me. I'm a picky fucking bastard. Can't help. I predominantly only really like thrash. And Sabbath. lol
yea most black metal that have keyboards is indeed trash.

What about when Darkthrone went old school?

and this last one has one of my favorite lines...

"You have nothing in common with me
You think old-school is 1993
Ha! I've been a thrasher since '84
And almost nothing sounds true anymore"
:D

Reactions: redfly
Not powerful at all. They need an outside producer. There's such a thing as being too close.

I do find it funny how many people think the new album is the ducks nuts though. I mean I can understand a real fan liking it, listening to it and even relistening to it, but I've seen some people claim it's fucking awesome.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
yea most black metal that have keyboards is indeed trash.

What about when Darkthrone went old school?

and this last one has one of my favorite lines...

"You have nothing in common with me
You think old-school is 1993
Ha! I've been a thrasher since '84
And almost nothing sounds true anymore"
:D

Never was able to get into Darkthrone

Reactions: Neptune
I do find it funny how many people think the new album is the ducks nuts though. I mean I can understand a real fan liking it, listening to it and even relistening to it, but I've seen some people claim it's fucking awesome.
You know, I consider myself a real fan. I've had the first 3 Howe album in regular rotation since they came out over twenty years ago. But I'm not an ass kisser either. I think the people praising it have gotten old in their hearts. And that's as heavy as they can handle.

Reactions: Neptune