The what's going on in Thrash thread

You know, I consider myself a real fan. I've had the first 3 Howe album in regular rotation since they came out over twenty years ago. But I'm not an ass kisser either. I think the people praising it have gotten old in their hearts. And that's as heavy as they can handle.

Maybe I'm just a prick. I did get told off for suggesting in the MOD thread that the last album wasn't great and the Billy need to go back to the MOD of old if he wanted to make a good album :)

Reactions: redfly
I'll check it out in few. I can't keep up with you guys! lol!

This website really seems to bog down for me with a few images or videos on the page. I get to the point where the screen jumps up and down about a dozen times trying to redraw all the images and initialising the clips. Took me nearly 30 seconds to reload the last page. It's probably because I'm in Australia and it takes a long time to send your messages into the future, but it's annoying and doesn't happen on any other XenForo forum.

yea most black metal that have keyboards is indeed trash.

What about when Darkthrone went old school?

and this last one has one of my favorite lines...

"You have nothing in common with me
You think old-school is 1993
Ha! I've been a thrasher since '84
And almost nothing sounds true anymore"
:D

I could get into that. I wouldn't have pegged them as a black metal band by this.
I just don't get the keys in it. they go out of their way to make this really fast aggressive music. And then they poor these keys over it with these very light twinkling airy sounds and just kill it for me. The vocals I take on a case by case basis.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
This website really seems to bog down for me with a few images or videos on the page. I get to the point where the screen jumps up and down about a dozen times trying to redraw all the images and initialising the clips. Took me nearly 30 seconds to reload the last page. It's probably because I'm in Australia and it takes a long time to send your messages into the future, but it's annoying and doesn't happen on any other XenForo forum.
I haven't had much of that problem in a few years. Every once in a while it still happens though.

A live-to-track performance for TV that we shot in Holland on the "Peace Sells..." tour of Europe 1987. Most videos are lip synced but this one was a combination live and the track playing behind us.

We were actually on the Alice Cooper tour in the USA but EMI wanted us in Europe for two weeks where we headlined The Hammersmith Odeon London, Amsterdam, Hamburg and Paris. This video was shot on that tour while in Holland.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/so...-scared-for-the-kids-and-the-next-generation/

Interesting to hear him say that touring North America is difficult. I know over the years (mainly since 9/11 but some before) we've had some musos from here claim they can't get into North America because they've done something silly as a kid and got a record. Tom doesn't seem to suggest that is the problem (and to be fair he doesn't suggest it isn't either) but he seems to be suggesting that Sodom struggle to get tours there. He doesn't say it's impossible which to me says they aren't banned or anything only that it's difficult. I wonder if other German bands have a similar issues.

Reactions: redfly