The what's going on in Thrash thread

images

Who are these guys?
im hoping they were just drunks that were invited on stage by Ellefson or something.

Reactions: Slammed and redfly
Reactions: Neptune and redfly
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/cannibal-corpse-guitarist-pat-obrien-released-from-jail/

The guy's out, posted $50K bail and got $18K in sympathy money from people who feel sorry for him being a fuckwit, but I think the money should go to the commentors on Blabber. I don't often praise them but scroll down the comments for Walt Gumball's response to Babar Shehzad totally worth it. If there is a readers poll for best blabber comment of the year I'm registering a thousand times just to vote Walt.

Reactions: redfly
Several FB posts have popped up from Atrophy in the last few hours. There is a snippet from a live show last year (other songs have been released). There is a post about them being on a compilation DVD of that gig. And a post from only a few minutes ago with a video from the studio.

He's suggesting he'll post the MP3 'later'

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
You know, when I woke up this morning I was wondering what the fuck Kurdt thought about some other band, whether he thought some other band sounded like Led Zepp, and the gods were listening.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...eta-van-fleets-success-i-think-its-wonderful/

Seriously Kurdt address why the fuck you don't sound like a thrash band any more, not why someone else sounds like someone else.
I honestly don't give one fuck what this guy thinks about anything. Put out a worthy album and maybe I'll change my mind.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/cannibal-corpse-guitarist-pat-obrien-released-from-jail/

The guy's out, posted $50K bail and got $18K in sympathy money from people who feel sorry for him being a fuckwit, but I think the money should go to the commentors on Blabber. I don't often praise them but scroll down the comments for Walt Gumball's response to Babar Shehzad totally worth it. If there is a readers poll for best blabber comment of the year I'm registering a thousand times just to vote Walt.
The link he posted about donating?

Reactions: Slammed
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/an...for-retirement-we-are-hungrier-now-than-ever/

I'm not saying Frankie doesn't have a say, but I do believe if there was certain people in the band that weren't named Frankie who wanted to retire they would retire.
I think his answer is probably based on things they've all talked about together. But you're right I don't think his say would keep any of them from retiring if they wanted to. I actually wonder how long Charlie can keep going with his wrist problems. Not that he'd have to retire. But it sounds bad enough that he may have to stop playing live on of these days.

Several FB posts have popped up from Atrophy in the last few hours. There is a snippet from a live show last year (other songs have been released). There is a post about them being on a compilation DVD of that gig. And a post from only a few minutes ago with a video from the studio.

He's suggesting he'll post the MP3 'later'

Well that was a nice tease :headbang:

I honestly don't give one fuck what this guy thinks about anything. Put out a worthy album and maybe I'll change my mind.

I find it amazing that his opinions on another band are a valid interview. I can understand they might make up a small part of a larger interview but to show only that much? It's bad form from both blabber and kurdt.

The link he posted about donating?

Yeah one spammer (which Blabber should be able to stop but don't) followed by the suggestion that such a method of making money could help Pat. The spammers don't respond but it was a good follow up to a spam post.

Reactions: redfly
I think his answer is probably based on things they've all talked about together. But you're right I don't think his say would keep any of them from retiring if they wanted to. I actually wonder how long Charlie can keep going with his wrist problems. Not that he'd have to retire. But it sounds bad enough that he may have to stop playing live on of these days.

Isn't Charlie in as often as he is out these days? I guess in the studio if they have time they can work around how much he can do each day but on the road it's either do the job or get someone else in. Can't imagine they'd want to replace him, but if the rest of the band want to go on and he can't they might have too.

Isn't Charlie in as often as he is out these days? I guess in the studio if they have time they can work around how much he can do each day but on the road it's either do the job or get someone else in. Can't imagine they'd want to replace him, but if the rest of the band want to go on and he can't they might have too.
I'm not sure what the break down for that is. It's hard to keep up. One reason is it's always a different length of time depending on how it's affecting him. He's for sure missed some big shows. If he does have to stop touring.. or playing while touring, he still has all the music to do to and I think he's pretty involved with the business side. But it would be a shame because he is a really good drummer and loves doing shows.
It would be weird without him, like Lars leaving Metallica, even though that would probably be best for everyone at this point :)

I'm not sure what the break down for that is. It's hard to keep up. One reason is it's always a different length of time depending on how it's affecting him. He's for sure missed some big shows. If he does have to stop touring.. or playing while touring, he still has all the music to do to and I think he's pretty involved with the business side. But it would be a shame because he is a really good drummer and loves doing shows.
It would be weird without him, like Lars leaving Metallica, even though that would probably be best for everyone at this point :)

If he tells us the new album is more aggressive one more time I'll break his wrists :)
I'm sure they can go on without Charlie if they wanted to but I do wonder if they would want to. I'm not invested enough into Anthrax these days to boycott them if they had to replace Charlie, I'd listen to to their new stuff with or without him. But I do wonder how many die hard fans would boycott them for doing it.

Think about the ramifications of your statement. Lars quits Metallica and starts a new band, that band has a problem because Lars is the drummer. Kirk has to go into instrumentals and pay a PI to find his phone so doesn't run out of riffs to put on those instrumental albums. James has to guest on every pop, rock and metalcore album released and his input consists only of grunting into the mic. And Rob is left to crab walk around the world for money. I think you are being unfair on the world!