The what's going on in Thrash thread

LOL, that is pretty anal lol. I hope it's a program they have. I don't doubt it could be true. I've noticed things played slower at times ( they used to play things faster ) but I sure as hell would never take it so far as count beats lol

I reckon after 30 odd years I'd be slowing down too, especially if someone wanted me to belt the shit out of a drum kit for two hours a night.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Well, except he's been doing it for a really long time. Gene and Charlie have been around just as long. The things where I noticed it wasn't just the drums though, I was already used to that.....it is what it is :p

I still like the way they play the old songs. James is a little bit too try hard for me these days and his image seems to be tough guy look but with no substance. Kirk seems to show up to the camera bit more than he used to, and Rob's crab walk is a bit annoying but listening to them play the older songs on stage during this tour has been good. I often don't watch the video clip while it's running anyway.

Holy sheeeettt what the fuck did he need all that for? Either he's paranoid that someone is out to get him or he's thinking of retirement and starting a business selling weapons.
That's seems like some wicked paranoia. I wonder which it will be? Drugs or some kind of mental disorder?
There are some disorders that make people collect things like crazy ( no pun intended ) but that coupled with the rapture. I just don't know what to think.That's a crazy unnecessary amount of guns.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I still like the way they play the old songs. James is a little bit too try hard for me these days and his image seems to be tough guy look but with no substance. Kirk seems to show up to the camera bit more than he used to, and Rob's crab walk is a bit annoying but listening to them play the older songs on stage during this tour has been good. I often don't watch the video clip while it's running anyway.
I've only heard tiny pieces of anything live recently. Hetfield's tone is better live than the albums but I really don't like the tuning they use.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
That's seems like some wicked paranoia. I wonder which it will be? Drugs or some kind of mental disorder?
There are some disorders that make people collect things like crazy ( no pun intended ) but that coupled with the rapture. I just don't know what to think.That's a crazy unnecessary amount of guns.

I think they already pushed the mental disorder thing (but I could be wrong). I don't know what would be worse, to find out he has some kind of mental disorder, or to find out he hasn't.

I've only heard tiny pieces of anything live recently. Hetfield's tone is better live than the albums but I really don't like the tuning they use.

I'm not big on their new songs, I didn't hate their last album but it's not something I listen to often. But to hear the old songs from KEA RTL and MOP is good and if I don't have to watch the clip I can tolerate it a lot more.

Reactions: redfly
I'm not big on their new songs, I didn't hate their last album but it's not something I listen to often. But to hear the old songs from KEA RTL and MOP is good and if I don't have to watch the clip I can tolerate it a lot more.
I've tried to get into it a few times. It's been a really long time since I've liked a song all the way through live. All I can think of is how good they were before. There are moments of it, but for me that's kinda it. Either Hetfield starts singing or Hammet gets lazy or Lars gets extra lazy.ooblah blah blah. I think the last thing I heard that had songs I thought were good all the way through was the show they did under the name of the actor for that movie they made. I think it was all KEA songs.

Reactions: Slammed
I guess I don't really listen with enough attention these days because I either don't notice or don't care about the laziness, as long as the sound is there and as long as it's recognisable I listen to it.

I don't remember the last time I put a Metallica record on, but playing the new live clips of old songs as they pop up on Blabber usually happens while I'm having breakfast or doing the kids lunches so I don't need to see band and how lazy they are. But I do hear Hetfield's annoying tough guy voice when he does the intros and I don't much care for that.