The what's going on in Thrash thread

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ku...-changed-its-name-had-mike-howe-not-returned/

I'll admit straight up to only skimming through this article, but from the outset I think changing the name might have been a better option.

Then I was talking with Mike, and we started talking about it. Then we got it to the point where, 'Hey, let's write some songs. Let's see if it's good. Let's see if we still have the magic when we did 'Blessing [In Disguise]' and 'The Human Factor' and stuff like that.' That worked out great.​

Once I got to that part I lost what little interest I did have. If they think the magic of Blessing is still there I think they are sadly mistaken.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ku...-changed-its-name-had-mike-howe-not-returned/

I'll admit straight up to only skimming through this article, but from the outset I think changing the name might have been a better option.

Then I was talking with Mike, and we started talking about it. Then we got it to the point where, 'Hey, let's write some songs. Let's see if it's good. Let's see if we still have the magic when we did 'Blessing [In Disguise]' and 'The Human Factor' and stuff like that.' That worked out great.​

Once I got to that part I lost what little interest I did have. If they think the magic of Blessing is still there I think they are sadly mistaken.
I haven't read this yet, but he said before that Metal church would have been done if Mike didn't come back. And yes he/ they are completely kidding themselves. This shit isn't like those three albums at all and it's overall worse than XI, except for the drums. I know Kurdt wrote on those albums and was in the studio. But he didn't play on them and it shows. They are completely disregarding all the other members that did play on them that helped make them great. Bring back Wells!!!!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I haven't read this yet, but he said before that Metal church would have been done if Mike didn't come back. And yes he/ they are completely kidding themselves. This shit isn't like those three albums at all and it's overall worse than XI, except for the drums. I know Kurdt wrote on those albums and was in the studio. But he didn't play on them and it shows. They are completely disregarding all the other members that did play on them that helped make them great. Bring back Wells!!!!

The bit about "we do it ourselves" where he talks about doing everything at home etc is also proof they are not on the right track. Authors shouldn't try to edit their own books because they are too emotionally connected whether they feel it or not. Musicians should take the same advice.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Yeah you did and it really hits home when you see him talk up the entire experience of doing everything yourself. I know recording yourself and bandcamping shit is a thing for many bands and some of them even go on to bigger and better things but it's not the way for an established band to do things.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/er...ing-flotsam-and-jetsam-to-be-their-metallica/

Back in the early days grooming a band to be Metallica might not have been a bad thing but imagine trying to do that to a real metal band these days :)

The way he talks about the new album is good and positive, I really hope for them it's as good as they are suggesting.
I haven't read this one yet either. I've read about this for a number of years though. I think it might have worked out if Alex Perialis hadn't completely butchered WTSCD. They said they thought it was going to sound like Master Of Puppets...boy did they get screwed lol

Yeah you did and it really hits home when you see him talk up the entire experience of doing everything yourself. I know recording yourself and bandcamping shit is a thing for many bands and some of them even go on to bigger and better things but it's not the way for an established band to do things.
Truth. It's either ego or a very stupid mistake...ok it's probably both.

I haven't read this one yet either. I've read about this for a number of years though. I think it might have worked out if Alex Perialis hadn't completely butchered WTSCD. They said they thought it was going to sound like Master Of Puppets...boy did they get screwed lol

I imagine they weren't the only band who labels through could be their 'Metallica'. While the music might not have been exactly the same I reckon every label out there would have been looking at Metallica as they started to grow and then looking at their band list and wondering how they could make any one of those bands do the same or similar.

Reactions: Neptune
Truth. It's either ego or a very stupid mistake...ok it's probably both.

It does seem like a lot of ego, but I could be wrong.
I think ego is one thing that really stands out with some of these guys. They get popular, they think they understand the industry, they then think they can do everything and keep a larger portion of the pie, then they go out and do it.

It does seem like a lot of ego, but I could be wrong.
I think ego is one thing that really stands out with some of these guys. They get popular, they think they understand the industry, they then think they can do everything and keep a larger portion of the pie, then they go out and do it.
It's gotta be ego. This guy is fucking clueless. Look at all shit he's talking about everyone else's albums. He thinks he's done a better job than people like Andy Sneap lol. I am at a complete loss. I can't believe all the people saying this album is great.

Yeah I read a review the other day where some guy from this forum gave it 5/5. I can understand people have different tastes but seriously how can one say this is the PERFECT album, and album with no flaws and more to the point the perfect Metal Church album. I don't know that there is a perfect album from any band, but Damned If You Do certainly ain't perfect.

Not even fucking close. So many things about this album are just weak. I'd give it half and half for the songs. The production and tones a 4 out of 10. Even some of the vocals aren't that great. I don't remember Metal Church being so chorus heavy. It's like the songs almost go straight to them, and they are very popish sounding. Kurdt complains there is no room for bass in new albums. But there is no cool bass to speak of on this album. At least the bass player has energy though.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah I struggle with the concept of a perfect album at the best of times but to hear what isn't there on MC and still call it perfect is even beyond a die hard fan I would think.

Reactions: redfly