The what's going on in Thrash thread

That was a cool show. I don't know Wacken that well but that show was undercover, not sure many shows are undercover so that must have been a special stage for some reason. These guys really do impress me. They call themselves a tribute band, they praise Chuck and his songs constantly and they can tear it up on stage. Apart from the last 10 minutes or so where the sweat really started to pour out they looked like they did it so damn easily.
Yeah they look pretty relaxed. Hopefully they have a nice long career.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Ok now CD Japan is listing the 13th bonus track!New Flotsam!
Tracklisting

プリズナー・オブ・タイム

コントロール

リカヴァー

プリペアー・フォー・ケイオス

スロウリー・インセイン

アーキテクツ・オブ・ヘイト

デモリション・マン

アンウェルカム・サプライズ

スネイク・アイ

サヴァイヴ

グッド・オア・バッド

ジ・エンド

[日本盤ボーナス・トラック] アナザー・ワン
Hahahaha! Good one!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/da...ition-in-metallica-after-jason-newsteds-exit/

"They didn't call me, but I know they considered me"
And then he goes on to say how he hears Snr in Metallica recordings.

True or not I think it's finally happened Jnr had been hanging around Snr too long and words are just falling out his mouth.
He kind of says it in passing though. Like it kind of was mentioned at some point but not even to him. Like it's just something he heard about.It is interesting that Jr came up both times Metallica needed a new bassist. I think he only mentions Call Of Ktulu, which Dave did have a hand in. So I give Jr a pass on this. I've actually never heard this before, which is rare. As was Dave Snr talking about how he didn't want to lose Jr when Cliff died and that some of his problems were imagined and his fault. Growing up!

Reactions: Slammed
He kind of says it in passing though. Like it kind of was mentioned at some point but not even to him. Like it's just something he heard about.It is interesting that Jr came up both times Metallica needed a new bassist. I think he only mentions Call Of Ktulu, which Dave did have a hand in. So I give Jr a pass on this. I've actually never heard this before, which is rare. As was Dave Snr talking about how he didn't want to lose Jr when Cliff died and that some of his problems were imagined and his fault. Growing up!

I forgot Jnr has his book coming out soon and that these sorts of stories that seem like they are just random words and sentences actually have a meaning. I'm sure there will be more of them before the book hits the shelf.

Reactions: redfly
:lol:, yeah I don't know how some of these guys do a whole show...and more lol. I think I'd be hurting. Unless I was real quite and turned the mic volume to 11.

I know he is not the only guy that does it but listening to Matt in the video above he changes seamlessly between the two when he's talking to the crowd then he introduces the song. It's definitely a skill that one has to practice.

You know, that makes me think of Menza's book. I was expecting it to be on Blabber. It must not be as controversial as I was expecting.

That's a point. I'd forgotten all about it. I remember a few stories floating around, there might have been a release date mentioned, then nothing. Has it actually been released? If it has I guess you're right Blabber's found nothing to carry on about with it.

Wow talk about a non event. I'm kind of glad if that is the case, but there was quite a bit of build up to it in the early months.

I haven't see it in any of my local stores. (Not that that is overly surprising) but it was released in November. Must check the new book shop in town they have a huge amount of stuff.

I think the new shop is more of a discounted group so they have a lot more releases that have been around 6 months or more and drop the price but 20%. So maybe it's coming.

Oh, ouch...is that typical? I got the import of The Gathering when it came out. But that was a long time ago. Do you know what route you're going yet? I'm not sure $40 for a song is worth it lol. But maybe?