The what's going on in Thrash thread

Only three songs from 2007, but it shows that even back then Wackan was doing good things with live footage.

Reactions: redfly
I'm a bit disappointed with what's available. It could be because of copyright but considering they have been pro recording for about 15 years the number of full concerts is a bit weak. But those that at there are great footage.

Yeah that's always annoyed me. I could see if maybe they were selling the shows, or the band was but they aren't. If other festivals can do it, I don't see why they couldn't.

Reactions: Slammed
The Wacken TV list I was looking at wasn't complete I don't think because I'm sure there is vids I have seen here that weren't on the list. Thats confusing too.

Oh, ouch...is that typical? I got the import of The Gathering when it came out. But that was a long time ago. Do you know what route you're going yet? I'm not sure $40 for a song is worth it lol. But maybe?
Yeah I don’t do it very often but I’m getting it

Okay so I did suggest yesterday that with Jnr having a book to sell we are going to get more wonderful little titbits posing as media releases, but this is really taking the piss. Haven't Blabber got anything else to do over the holiday period?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/megadeths-david-ellefson-being-around-artists-is-not-always-easy/

The article is taken from an interview after one of his Basstory gigs on Oct 16, it's not even new information!
They must be desperate for news. I'm not, lol.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I think you got it right. Still can't believe the praise this album is getting.

I agree. Although I'm starting to wonder if the praise it's getting is from new fans not old fans. The guy that reviewed in on this forum comes across as a new fan who understands Metal Church have a history but doesn't understand that history any more than reading the wiki page. Other reviews I've read compare it to the last album only.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Haha I was just on reddit (the only place more trustworthy than wikipedia) and I read this in amongst some stuff on Nick's book.

As for repeated declarations from Mustaine that he "sang almost every single note of Marty Friedman's guitar solos, and I wrote the majority of Nick's drum parts, and I wrote almost every bass note that Ellefson played" and "I did it to [former guitarists] Jeff [Young], Chris [Poland] and Al [Pitrelli], too,"

So I went and had a look at the original Blabber article from July 2017 and that does appear in the original article down the bottom. But even the full comment is disjointed and appears to be little more than a brain fart expressed in words.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/la...ow-to-not-censor-anything-in-upcoming-memoir/

Looks to me like this author was definitely trying to create a massive shit storm of controversy about this book and then it died down to the point we are now where it's been released for a month and a half and sites as piss poor as Blabber aren't even reviewing it or cherry picking stuff to make headlines.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I agree. Although I'm starting to wonder if the praise it's getting is from new fans not old fans. The guy that reviewed in on this forum comes across as a new fan who understands Metal Church have a history but doesn't understand that history any more than reading the wiki page. Other reviews I've read compare it to the last album only.
Oh I never would have guessed lol. I forget about lame new people. I guess if you are only going to compare it to the last album it mat fare a little better. Still though, if this album comes off as great as they are saying. I'd hate to see their music collection. :cool:

Haha I was just on reddit (the only place more trustworthy than wikipedia) and I read this in amongst some stuff on Nick's book.

As for repeated declarations from Mustaine that he "sang almost every single note of Marty Friedman's guitar solos, and I wrote the majority of Nick's drum parts, and I wrote almost every bass note that Ellefson played" and "I did it to [former guitarists] Jeff [Young], Chris [Poland] and Al [Pitrelli], too,"

So I went and had a look at the original Blabber article from July 2017 and that does appear in the original article down the bottom. But even the full comment is disjointed and appears to be little more than a brain fart expressed in words.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/la...ow-to-not-censor-anything-in-upcoming-memoir/

Looks to me like this author was definitely trying to create a massive shit storm of controversy about this book and then it died down to the point we are now where it's been released for a month and a half and sites as piss poor as Blabber aren't even reviewing it or cherry picking stuff to make headlines.
It's still strange. I never even saw BW or Blabber even say it was released. About Dave's comment on writing...or whistling everything. Maybe he's a little Bi Polaris ;). He seems to have backed off of that.

Yeah $46.10 to my region,right up the ass!
Damn, Metal Up The Ass lol. I think I'm gonna go with the regular version. I have to many things to pay for. It might be different if we could get a sample of the bonus track. Getting the import of the Gathering left me a bit jaded lol. I thought, oh! a song called Hammer Of The Gods?! It's probably the best song on there! It didn't say it was instrumental. And I found the track a bit blah. It doesn't really go anywhere.

Oh I never would have guessed lol. I forget about lame new people. I guess if you are only going to compare it to the last album it mat fare a little better. Still though, if this album comes off as great as they are saying. I'd hate to see their music collection. :cool:

Actually thinking about it the guy on here that reviewed it claimed Monkey Finger was a stand out so he's obviously got a soft spot in his skull :)

It's still strange. I never even saw BW or Blabber even say it was released. About Dave's comment on writing...or whistling everything. Maybe he's a little Bi Polaris ;). He seems to have backed off of that.

MI haven't done anything on it either. I would have thought either Blabber or MI would have found some half arsed journo that could have twisted something if they couldn't find something real to make a story.

I don't know what's true but that old Blabber article really just sound like the author trying to talk his book up.