The what's going on in Thrash thread

I'd like to think so but it seems like the wowsers are winning. You're right about the studios etc caving. Its ridiculous how many people are coping the wrath of the PC crowd for shit said 10+ years ago
People getting fired for jokes they made on twitter 10 years ago is insane. All cause someone dug that shit up out of nowhere.

Reactions: Slammed
I wonder if they've had death threats or something happen to their property?

I believe they did have quite a few threats, it was about the time they were being questioned for ramming and stealing boats. What they were essentially doing was piracy but because they did it under the banner of saving the world they claimed it was okay. They were a fairly contentious group at the time and the captain was wanted for questioning by several governments, but nothing ever came of it as far as I know.

Reactions: redfly
People getting fired for jokes they made on twitter 10 years ago is insane. All cause someone dug that shit up out of nowhere.

Totally agree. Even if it's racist, sexist and offends everyone if it was not worthy of trouble at the time it's not worthy of trouble in the future.

There was a guy of that PC gone bad show I watched recently who claimed to be an "Eraser" he claimed he could erase bad things said and done on the internet and that people were lining up to pay him. They revealed almost nothing about what he did but damn I'd love his job. I don't care who he is unless he's some underworld hacker (who wouldn't have his face on TV) he cant delete shit on the internet yet if his claim is right paranoid people are paying him heaps of money to do so.

Totally agree. Even if it's racist, sexist and offends everyone if it was not worthy of trouble at the time it's not worthy of trouble in the future.

There was a guy of that PC gone bad show I watched recently who claimed to be an "Eraser" he claimed he could erase bad things said and done on the internet and that people were lining up to pay him. They revealed almost nothing about what he did but damn I'd love his job. I don't care who he is unless he's some underworld hacker (who wouldn't have his face on TV) he cant delete shit on the internet yet if his claim is right paranoid people are paying him heaps of money to do so.
Now that's job security!

You're not kidding. I've never seen him get so much press. It's almost like they're trying to give him a ton of press until people hate him. And then his soul belongs to Blabber! :)

Ohhh I've worked it out. Blabber wanted to make all the controversial stuff about Nick's book and and when they couldn't find Nick someone told them Marty was Nick and they think it's publicity for the book!

Ex Megadeth Marty, Ex Megadeth Nick, it's an easy mistake they both have the same first name :)

I just saw on FB in post from current Megadeth member Dave Mustaine, that Megadeth is in the top 45 list of most anticipated albums of 2019. I'm sure that's something to be proud of!

I just imagine there's 45 metal albums more anticipated. Some sure. Everyone has their favorites. But 45? It seems off. And it doesn't seem like anything to brag about.

I think the author just looked down the "metal releases of 2019" wiki page and then tagged them all on social media to let them know they got a mention. Whoever wrote it wasn't brave enough to put numbers against the names :)