The what's going on in Thrash thread

I listened to tracks they released up until now and I remember thinking that the last one (maybe as far back as November) was too poppish for me. I've never heard their first album and I was wondering if I really wanted to hear both now.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah that's my problem. Just too popish, and that's disappointing considering the source.

Yeah I really thought given Jrn's Metal Allegiance and some of the other stuff it would be heavier but the last song released really wasn't close.

Uhhh ok. Whatever this is.

Must admit I saw that pop up on FB and figured it was an anniversary of one of their songs so I didn't click on it. I now see it's got a date of Jan 11 on it. So my guess is that this is a new single.

Yeah I really thought given Jrn's Metal Allegiance and some of the other stuff it would be heavier but the last song released really wasn't close.
Not only was I expecting heavier, but I was really expecting them to blow out all the stops on the bass. That's the most disappointing part for me.

Reactions: Slammed
Except that it's a song from Rust. So I don't get it. I also don't remember what month Rust came out.

Oh is it? I didn't listen to it. RIP was a September release according to Wiki so no idea what Jan 11 is.

Not only was I expecting heavier, but I was really expecting them to blow out all the stops on the bass. That's the most disappointing part for me.

Yeah seemed like the perfect opportunity to show some arse tearing bass but I definitely haven't heard it if they have.

Bravewords has a video for a band called Presto Ballet. It's Kurdt's band. Now I see why the new Metal Church is fucking watered down. Vanderhoof is lame as hell. I couldn't bring myself to post the video.

Oh I saw a link with his ugly mug on it this morning but didn't even click on it. I didn't know he had another band, makes me think even more so that it's time retire MC and do their own thing.

Man, it's just so obvious he's not into metal. He should turn the band back over to people who don't suck, or just stop. And I hate saying it because of Howe. He deserves better.

Man, it's just so obvious he's not into metal. He should turn the band back over to people who don't suck, or just stop. And I hate saying it because of Howe. He deserves better.

You're not willing to blame Howe for at least some of it?
Didn't Kurdt and Howe write and record together?