The what's going on in Thrash thread

Nope! Kurdts fault! :tickled: Okay 10% Howe 99% Kurdt...it doesn't need to add up:)

Maybe what he meant to do was release the new album under the Pretso Ballet name but fucked up at the printers and couldn't admit his mistake.

Reactions: redfly
No chance! none at all!;)
Man did you see all the spam they have now? That's what they get for letting all those ads in.

Yeah it's getting terrible on that site, but it's what they are letting in and lets face it half their articles are no better than spam :)

I see someone commented that the clip is not the original cut of Take No Prisoners, but a 2004? remaster? Maybe he's jsut having a go at remastering that one song because he fucked it up. It's a big announcement for one song :)

Yeah it's getting terrible on that site, but it's what they are letting in and lets face it half their articles are no better than spam :)

I see someone commented that the clip is not the original cut of Take No Prisoners, but a 2004? remaster? Maybe he's jsut having a go at remastering that one song because he fucked it up. It's a big announcement for one song :)
Lol, you got a point there.

It doesn't sound like the remaster to me. It sounds a little faster? Maybe..idk I still haven't listened again.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Slammed
Lol, you got a point there.

It doesn't sound like the remaster to me. It sounds a little faster? Maybe..idk I still haven't listened again.:rolleyes:

I can wait five days for the announcement. If it's another remasters announcement it wont effect me anyway :)

It's funny the shit that keeps coming up. We've spoken a lot about the obsession with being in the Big 4 (which I noticed they didn't ask Gene :) ) but now someone who may not have spoken to Gene before brings up a bit of old news and suddenly Blabber are doing an expose on it. I don't know the interviewer, maybe he's trying to start shit that is not there, maybe he was just asking a question he'd never heard the answer too, but it seems to me someones looking for that mountain and all they're finding is the mole hill.

I don't know about some of the commentors claiming you can't copyright drums. I would have thought if you can create it, if it's unique, then it can be copyrighted as your intellectual property. But either way maybe this will be the new "big 4" question for Gene and Lars to answer every chance they get.

Oh I agree completely. It's a lengthy interview and Blabber hitched on the used up bit.
The commenters are funny, many saying things that makes me think they don't realize the interview is talking about things that were pretty unique 30 years ago even if it 's everywhere now and everyone does them.

Lars answer would probably put the Arctic Monkeys or Oasis in the Big4.

Oh I agree completely. It's a lengthy interview and Blabber hitched on the used up bit.
The commenters are funny, many saying things that makes me think they don't realize the interview is talking about things that were pretty unique 30 years ago even if it 's everywhere now and everyone does them.

Lars answer would probably put the Arctic Monkeys or Oasis in the Big4.

Yeah I think Blabber cherry picked one part to try and make a news worthy thing and I hope it will fail.
Even if Gene could have some how protected his drum part I think it's a sign of a decent bloke who never decided to challenge another guy who at the time was bigger and moving towards even bigger. Even if just for the publicity it could have been a case in the news but Gene chose to let it slide.

Yeah I'm not overly convinced Lars listens to a lot metal these days. He claims the reason Ghost got on their tour was because him and James really love the music.

Gene seems all class in general. Just a good natured guy. He has nothing to prove. His talent and years on the scene speak for themselves in my opinion.

I don't think Lars listens to any metal at all. Hetfield seems kind of isolated, It doesn't seem like he really does either. But it feels like Lars just does liisten because he thinks it's cooler not to. It may also be depressing to see how far the style he helped create has gone without him in the drum department.

Gene seems all class in general. Just a good natured guy. He has nothing to prove. His talent and years on the scene speak for themselves in my opinion.

I don't think Lars listens to any metal at all. Hetfield seems kind of isolated, It doesn't seem like he really does either. But it feels like Lars just does liisten because he thinks it's cooler not to. It may also be depressing to see how far the style he helped create has gone without him in the drum department.

Yep, Gene's an in demand person, you don't get that by being a prick. He's earned everything and if that meant not making a dick of himself over a few beats on a drum then I think he made the right choice. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that would hear Lars' name and say Gene should have sued his arse but I don't know that there was gain on either side if he had done it.

I can understand a person's taste changing but considering Lars used to boast about his underground tape trading business (that was different to Napster) and it was all metal and NWOBHM stuff it's weird how little he seems to enjoy what he used to.