The what's going on in Thrash thread

Kind of wish I'd gotten the Flotsam box set now :). I'll see if it's still available in a couple months.

Well if you are willing to spend money on Metal Church I'm sure there is a Kayne West box set you can get :)

Reactions: redfly
I don't know what power a staff member wields but his comment about me insulting Alex seemed to be suggesting he would take things further if I persisted. Considering the GMD section of this forum constantly has the term faggot thrown around and it's only the site owner who steps in I really have to wonder exactly what is so offensive about the term Whatshisface that a staff member got offended by. But it's that sort of behaviour that makes me think he's going to either ignore everything or he's going to come back selectively with comments along the lines of "I respect your opinion but you are wrong."

Interestingly enough wiki (the source for everything right) list MC as a Heavy Metal band, so I'm beginning to think calling them anything but a thrash band is ok and by not calling them a thrash band you can excuse shit like Damned If You Do.
Funny, that was exactly my take on his comments. A veiled threat. One that is pretty stupid on it's own. And even dumber considering some of the things I've read and seen on here. Is cry baby too harsh of a term for it? lol.

Oh well I guess everything is right with the world of MC then! I stand corrected. Everything is cool! It's a much better album under those terms ;):p

Reactions: Slammed
Funny, that was exactly my take on his comments. A veiled threat. One that is pretty stupid on it's own. And even dumber considering some of the things I've read and seen on here. Is cry baby too harsh of a term for it? lol.

Oh well I guess everything is right with the world of MC then! I stand corrected. Everything is cool! It's a much better album under those terms ;):p

If anything more comes of the insult I point him towards my heartfelt apology in this thread :)

We should get on wiki and edit MC to being a pop band and then we can claim they did make a pop album :)

Metal Church arent really a proper thrash band either though. They're definitely heavy on thrash but are also equally heavy on traditional metal. Which is the reason some people would refer to them as thrash/heavy/power. When they use power metal to describe Metal Church they're referring to US power metal, not the european flowery stuff.

But what did i miss? Someone got reprimanded for using "whatshisface"? Whathefuck?

Reactions: Slammed and redfly
Metal Church arent really a proper thrash band either though. They're definitely heavy on thrash but are also equally heavy on traditional metal. Which is the reason some people would refer to them as thrash/heavy/power. When they use power metal to describe Metal Church they're referring to US power metal, not the european flowery stuff.

But what did i miss? Someone got reprimanded for using "whatshisface"? Whathefuck?
I can see a straight up mix of metal and thrash. To me power metal is like Leather wolf type of band. But I don't know the Ronnie Metal Church very well.
Slammed got "threatened" to for not remembering Skolnicks name and saying "what'shisface" . :lol:

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
:lol:

THAT'S RIGHT SLAMMED! SHOW SOME RESPECT TO THE GREAT SKOLNICK!

Weirdly enough I was showing respect by suggesting I had no issue with his jazz stuff, I just drew a blank on his name and couldn't be fucked looking it up so I called him Whathisface from Testament.

I'm going to change my nick to Whahisface and then report every prick who tags me in a post for a personal insult :)

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Weirdly enough I was showing respect by suggesting I had no issue with his jazz stuff, I just drew a blank on his name and couldn't be fucked looking it up so I called him Whathisface from Testament.

I'm going to change my nick to Whahisface and then report every prick who tags me in a post for a personal insult :)
Fucking HA!

Reactions: Slammed
I don't know if all those snares behind Jason are his or owned by the studio or something but fucked if I want to be his tech if I had to tune all them :)