The what's going on in Thrash thread

Poor Bitner, I hope he doesn't take things personally and sabotage the other album we are all waiting for.
I know he's a good drummer, I like his stuff. But the way Overkill has talked him up, well I don't hear it. I also wouldn't have figured him for Berkeley. He's never done anything that made me say wow! did you hear that?! Maybe he will on this next album.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I know he's a good drummer, I like his stuff. But the way Overkill has talked him up, well I don't hear it. I also wouldn't have figured him for Berkeley. He's never done anything that made me say wow! did you hear that?! Maybe he will on this next album.

Damn you are going all out to curse the new Overkill album. Bitner is crying and Blitz has a middle finger he wants to show you :p

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I'd kind of be surprised if it made it off the west coast.

Seems if bands aren't making coffee they are making alcohol. I understand that marketing anything is money in the bank but I don't see any of these beers and wines as something I'd drink regularly. Even a band I like (Maiden for instance) I couldn't see myself drinking their beer just for the sake of it. I'd try it, I might even like it, but the fact it has world wide branding would indicate its always going to be over priced.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Seems if bands aren't making coffee they are making alcohol. I understand that marketing anything is money in the bank but I don't see any of these beers and wines as something I'd drink regularly. Even a band I like (Maiden for instance) I couldn't see myself drinking their beer just for the sake of it. I'd try it, I might even like it, but the fact it has world wide branding would indicate its always going to be over priced.
Yeah it seems like another band has one everyday. I got my friend the Megadeth beer. It was more than most of the other beers for just a four pack. But the alcohol percent was pretty low. Overall he said he probably wouldn't get it. But the bottle is cool :p

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Yeah it seems like another band has one everyday. I got my friend the Megadeth beer. It was more than most of the other beers for just a four pack. But the alcohol percent was pretty low. Overall he said he probably wouldn't get it. But the bottle is cool :p

Yeah I reckon if I bought them they would be for the bottle not the beer. I have a few cans and bottles over the bar that fill the shelf, they aren't overly special, some are just imported bottles, others are special editions and there is the huge Darwin Stubbie. That's where I would stick a bottle from any band but I couldn't see myself buying it just to drink.

Kind of enjoying this album and it's successor Chains Of Redemption (which is also on bandcamp to stream). The name and the first album I think were deliberate and while they aren't DA clones they are playing some reasonable thrash/speed metal.

No there really is no connection to Dark Angel other than the name. It's speed metal from Belgium and stands up with most of the other speed metal bands.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...lot-heavier-than-dystopia-says-dave-mustaine/

It will probably be heavier now. Shit I hope my CD player can handle the weight of it!!

I love the way he answers the question about how many songs are on the album. Talk about overly wordy!
However he's been talking up this album for 18 months, telling us it's coming and telling is they are recording it and now he tells us he don't even know how many fucking songs are on it WTF????

Reactions: redfly
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...lot-heavier-than-dystopia-says-dave-mustaine/

It will probably be heavier now. Shit I hope my CD player can handle the weight of it!!

I love the way he answers the question about how many songs are on the album. Talk about overly wordy!
However he's been talking up this album for 18 months, telling us it's coming and telling is they are recording it and now he tells us he don't even know how many fucking songs are on it WTF????
Yeah how are we this far along and he doesn't know how many songs there will be?
And WTF Dave! Sure you had 15 songs for Dystopia. But to get all those songs you had to buy 3 different versions of the album! That doesn't count!

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah how are we this far along and he doesn't know how many songs there will be?
And WTF Dave! Sure you had 15 songs for Dystopia. But to get all those songs you had to buy 3 different versions of the album! That doesn't count!

The way that part about the songs read it's almost like he'd holding one side or the other at ransom. "I owe you this but I'm prepared to give you this because I owe them that." It just sounds like after all this time he's playing games. I know this time delay bullshit wont loose him fans but I'm sure it's going to start making fans annoyed.

Reactions: redfly