The what's going on in Thrash thread

Same here. I'm waiting for the back peddle.

I think it's funny that a band who is hated by so many (which is probably what made them as big as they are) are commenting on such a topic. It's not even the lead singer who usually makes all the comments. I thought I was missing something when I saw the article. I thought it was going to reveal that Vinnie was a closet Nickleback fan or they are long lost cousins or something, but instead it appears it was only one guys thoughts.
Nickleback is full of weirdos.

Reactions: redfly
I think it's funny that a band who is hated by so many (which is probably what made them as big as they are) are commenting on such a topic. It's not even the lead singer who usually makes all the comments. I thought I was missing something when I saw the article. I thought it was going to reveal that Vinnie was a closet Nickleback fan or they are long lost cousins or something, but instead it appears it was only one guys thoughts.
Nickleback is full of weirdos.
Yeah all I see is that the Abbott bros got them drunk. And for some reason this guy keeps in touch with the cop who killed Dime's murderer. And for some reason they wrote a song about Dime? Did they tour a bunch with them as Damageplan? Cause that would be a weird bill. I don't get where this comes from lol.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
It's not even like he's trying to win more fans of by providing a connection to another popular muso/band. There seems to be almost no motivation and that makes it even stranger. Most of those controversial things that appear in the press have a reason, to sell books, sell albums, sell tours, this seems to have no real reason or gain.

It's not even like he's trying to win more fans of by providing a connection to another popular muso/band. There seems to be almost no motivation and that makes it even stranger. Most of those controversial things that appear in the press have a reason, to sell books, sell albums, sell tours, this seems to have no real reason or gain.
Yeah Without looking into it, because you know...it's Nickleback. I'm not sure why he'd stick his nose into something like this.

Reactions: Slammed
To me it's like hearing Elton John comment on Chuck and the early days of Death. (but maybe I am being too harsh on Nickleback, they are a great band.)

My nieces get really shitty with me when I pick on Nickleback, which is not overly surprising because my brother (their dad) reacts in a very similar way :)

Overkill are suggesting there is something more than just a new album coming on FB. Doesn't say what or when it just said something along side the new album.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/al...son-anthraxs-bello-listen-to-part-of-me-song/

I still don't hate what they are doing, obviously it's not going to be thrash and that means a different mind set but there is some heaviness and even a little be of speed in the solo of Part Of Me.

Interesting to see Bello say.

"All I ever wanted to do was write good songs. I've always been a melody guy. I love hooks; I love catchy songs with a good riff."
The two of them have definitely done that with what I have heard of this album so far which shows they do have a talent somewhere. It would be interesting to see if this album given the same chances the likes of the Foo Fighters etc get could be as big as their albums because it's got commercial success written all over most of the tunes. I would reckon rock radio stations that play FF, Metallica, GNR etc would nearly put this on high rotation.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/al...son-anthraxs-bello-listen-to-part-of-me-song/

I still don't hate what they are doing, obviously it's not going to be thrash and that means a different mind set but there is some heaviness and even a little be of speed in the solo of Part Of Me.

Interesting to see Bello say.

"All I ever wanted to do was write good songs. I've always been a melody guy. I love hooks; I love catchy songs with a good riff."
The two of them have definitely done that with what I have heard of this album so far which shows they do have a talent somewhere. It would be interesting to see if this album given the same chances the likes of the Foo Fighters etc get could be as big as their albums because it's got commercial success written all over most of the tunes. I would reckon rock radio stations that play FF, Metallica, GNR etc would nearly put this on high rotation.
If they radio picks it up it could do something. but that's a big if. Radio doesn't usually support the more seasoned artists anymore.

Reactions: Slammed
If they radio picks it up it could do something. but that's a big if. Radio doesn't usually support the more seasoned artists anymore.

Yeah for radio to pick it up it would need the label to kiss a lot of radio arse and I don't see that happening, but if it did I reckon there would be a lot of people who are fans of those other bands who would be thinking it's the next "new thing"

There wasn't even a date for their other news so I don't think it's important. Probably just another pic of Blitz flipping the bird :)

Well Dave gave us Warheads on Foreheads Blitz giving the bird (again) isn't going to be a let down :)