The what's going on in Thrash thread

Hoglan posted this today on FB (for obvious reasons). Looking down the list it's not a real bad hit of thrash

http://www.worshipmetal.com/feature...-ZkT0M-liaHOz1DOMHz5kO5hllPrEOLJOlHWQOsJcf5EA

Dark Angel's Darkness Descends is obvious addition to any thrash list.
Holy Terror Terror and Submission I'm less sold on the vocals but the thrash is definitely there
Vio-lence Eternal Nightmare is a brilliant album and really does capture 80's thrash
Incubus Serpent Temptation There is almost nothing negative about this album and I look forward to a new Opprobrium soon
Rigor Mortis Rigor Mortis damn good album with some really cool riffs
Exhorder Slaughter In The Vatican, another almost flawless example for 80's thrash.
Heathen Victims Of Deception I'm not the biggest Heathen fan but they are worthy of this list.
Defiance Beyond Recognition I don't remember ever hearing this maybe I should fix that.
Testament Low it may not be their best but there is still some good thrash happening.
Intrinsic Nails is another I haven't heard but might have to fix.

Think I'm off to see what YT has to offer.
Is this supposed to be in order of what he thinks is best? For my dough. Low is one of their best. :)

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Is this supposed to be in order of what he thinks is best? For my dough. Low is one of their best. :)

No I believe it's just one guys opinion of what he thought was 10 great thrash albums and Gene commented because DA were listed. I think it's a pretty smack bang on list actually. It would be a good list to start someone off with.

Reactions: redfly
No I believe it's just one guys opinion of what he thought was 10 great thrash albums and Gene commented because DA were listed. I think it's a pretty smack bang on list actually. It would be a good list to start someone off with.
I don't even know many of those albums lol. Not religiously anyway.

Reactions: Slammed
You should get to know them. I'm going to hunt out Intrinsic and Defiance later but the rest are albums worth listening too.

That's what YT is for. I'm pretty sure nearly all listed there are on YT in their entirety.
Not sure the full catalogues of those bands are on YT yet but a quick search told me there is a few songs from each band's full career. I'll check them out and put them on a list for when new releases are slow and I want to hear something new. Not all of them will make it but I'll give what I can a listen.
Also with YT like it is and the computer being on all the time I find making up a YT list of all these sorts of new found songs breaks up listening to the same old CD's all the time.

Yeah I actually make time these days, not time like I used to where I'd have the stereo on 11 but I do make time to have an MP3 player running or the computer running as back ground noise to whatever I am doing.

I only really watch TV when the kids are in bed, during the day at home if I'm in the garden or washing the car I'll find a way to make music a part of it. If the computer is on I'll play some MP3's and in the car kids or not I'll have music going. My wife watches and streams shit but I generally don't bother too much if it's not in the evening.

One of my kids wouldn't care much about volume but I also realise these days how far sound carries and I have decided there is a line between loud so I can hear it and being that fuckwit in the Japanese rice burner with the surf board for a spoiler, lights under the body, lowered suspension that wont go over speed humps and fucking doof doof music blaring out the open windows. I don't want to be the later :)

I watched Gran Turino (the Clint Eastwood movie) last night I saw rice burners with spoilers :)

I'm not sure I've seen that one.

I don't know why I'd never seen it before, I do like Clint Eastwood in most things. I knew it wasn't a car movie but I also didn't know it was as serious and deep as it was. No idea if it's based on a true story or not but I found it really interesting and it did suck me into watching the whole movie.