The what's going on in Thrash thread

I always loved that V :kickass:

I like the pic on the newer looking V.
I don't remember the guys name but the guitarist from King Diamond has a great pic on his guitar too, it's one of the album covers but it's done really well.

Reactions: Neptune
I'd go and see Doro and hope that MC have something decent to offer from their back catalogue. As a dual headline gig I'd hope Doro was on first then if MC failed to deliver in the first few songs I'd go home :)

There is a new episode of the Overkill Garden state thing out. But FB made it disappear after I watched it and I can't be bothered going looking for it. It's probably on Blabber somewhere.

Edit: I think it's this one.

Last edited:
I like the pic on the newer looking V.
I don't remember the guys name but the guitarist from King Diamond has a great pic on his guitar too, it's one of the album covers but it's done really well.
Is it Andy LaRocque...something? The guy that played on a Death's Individual Thought Patterns album?

Reactions: Slammed
See! same clothes! Just baby blue instead of black. Fucking horrid song. Stupid ass bell bottoms.

I'd like to say I didn't listen to it because I was short of time over breakfast and trying to get everyone out the door early so we could get home early before the heat, but I would be lying. I didn't listen to it because I didn't want too :)

Just in case you are missing summer, South Australia yesterday had the top 15 "officially recorded" temperatures in the world and those top 15 ranged between 120F and 121F. There was unofficial recordings of temps up to 125.
By 10am this morning we had 104 and rising in this state and where I am isn't even the hottest part of the state :)

HA! Full disclosure I didn't either. I just assumed it was the same song as before because it's the same freeze frame. But I can tell. It's horrid!

Holy shit man! How do people do anything with that heat going on?!

Reactions: Slammed
I'm going to save the song as an MP3 and put it on constant rotation for a week just to get a good feel for it.

This sort of heat it actually record breaking for most parts so it's not often people have to live with it. Thankfully most people/companies are sensible and they work on a cut off policy. Most outside workers would either have not gone to work, or started early. Office workers generally don't have the same issue. There used to be a 100F cut off that schools and businesses closed down at but now the figure is arbitrary and there is no set figure, it's a case by case basis. But the heat is so different depending on where you are. 105+ in Queensland is a humid and heavy heat that makes you sweat a lot and feel shitty. South Australia and Western Australia is a drier heat so you don't feel as hot or as bad at the same temperatures. It gets hot and no one wants to do things however in the Western part of the country it is easier to do things in 100+ weather, but 120 still sucks if your outside.

Reactions: redfly
We are kind of in the middle of the heat, we get humid but we don't usually get it quite as hot. We've had it so humid that the floor sweats but that is rare. We have a 50% chance of rain today but it wont be much if it does arrive. Right now the biggest concern is the wind. Strong hot gusts that nearly burn as they blow through and you just know there is some deranged prick waiting with a match to start a fire. Something like 25,000 fires are lit in this country during the summer by arsonists and it's days like this that has everyone on edge.

Reactions: redfly
Okay I'm changing my plea. I just went out to get the bin and bring in some mats I washed earlier I was out there for 5 mins max and I came in sweating. Fuck this heat!

Bush fires here depend a lot on location. In the Outback unless near a town they burn freely until they put themselves out because the area is just too big to fight. Closer to the cities they fight as hard as they can with whatever they can. We had a huge fire down the road a few weeks back that still hasn't been put out but it's all been contained to pine forests so it's generally safe. But every year pretty much every state has a big fire to contend with that takes homes and lives. Thankfully they aren't all huge but many are still devastating. In this area we haven't had a really bad one since '09. I know lots of people who lost houses then, but in the state on the same day there was something like 300 fires, 2000 homes destroyed and 180 people killed.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
No joke man, I hate sweating lol.

Fuck, I can't imagine living somewhere that had a regular worry about something like that. It's freaky enough when there is one normal house fire or freak of lightning fire. It must be a scary thought when something like that happens and all you can do is leave and hope the fire doesn't go your way.

Reactions: Neptune