The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah I'm not sure who chooses the songs. It seems they could easily have done the song Blitz did on the album but instead it was some Black Sabbath tribute for the entire night

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
They have done Sabbath before but that was a while ago. The video is from an annual show recorded live yesterday at the House of Blues. They do it every year to coincide with NAMM (or whatever the acronym is) and that is why they can get such a variety of guests on stage. Their actual Black Sabbath shows were done with the same players if I remember correctly

Reactions: redfly
Oh right ok. NAMM would be cool to go to. To bad it's industry only.

Yeah I've never taken much notice of it but I did see a video yesterday of Doro signing some stuff for fans and she looked really into the whole thing.

I don't about you but I don't think I've seen a band put this much effort into merch for a greatest its.
https://megadethshop.com/?dm_i=4YUZ,87Q,AE99F,LFE,1

Geez I wonder how many flight suits they are going to sell.

The box sets do look pretty good but I really don't see the appeal of a best of in this day and age. If you really want a best of spotify and god knows how many others offer the ability to do that and some of them aren't even illegal. I know Dave is doing this because they haven't got the new record ready and I think it was a deliberate marketing thing to not release it until after the 35th anniversary shit has finished, but it does seem like a lot of hype for a best of.

Yeah I think you're right. I think they've used the new album buzz to get this out. And meanwhile we have to wait. I'm surprised at how cheap the flight suit and other things actually are. Normal shirt and hoodie bundles are about the same. It's actually made me think about getting something lol. I probably won't, but I've thought about it! :D

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I suppose with the anniversary editions released it does make some sense not to release a new album right now. But I still think it sucks we've waited so long.

I've got genuine flight suit which I got when I used to deliver to the Air Force base, well it's genuine in that it's a souvenir anyone could have bought but they gave it to me for nothing, so I don't need Dave's. But maybe I could get the patch and make my genuine replica a genuine replica bastardised with Vic :)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Don't give him any ideas! Hmmm...maybe he could come out on a mock up of the jet that's on the cover, like Halford does with his bike. Like a moded riding lawnmower with wings and missiles!

Reactions: Slammed
Doing outdoor gigs and festivals is going to be fun. The stage will need wheelchair/lawnmower access and if they are looking for Dave he'll be out the back gutting the grass

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...ing-the-finishing-touches-on-rock-solo-album/

It's not as if we needed it but here's further proof that you should distance yourself from what you do occasionally.
I'm sure there is a bunch of new MC fans out there that will love a rock record from Kurdt, (they pretty much got one in December) and they'll rate it highly and that's fine when it's marketed as a ROCK record. But with Presto Ballet and now a rock record in the making it's not hard to see why Metal Church was so fucking lame. For fucks sake Kurdt good luck making rock record but stop being a fucking tight arse and fucking up the name that was Metal Church, pay a producer to make something METAL and then you concentrate on what your new fans want.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...ing-the-finishing-touches-on-rock-solo-album/

It's not as if we needed it but here's further proof that you should distance yourself from what you do occasionally.
I'm sure there is a bunch of new MC fans out there that will love a rock record from Kurdt, (they pretty much got one in December) and they'll rate it highly and that's fine when it's marketed as a ROCK record. But with Presto Ballet and now a rock record in the making it's not hard to see why Metal Church was so fucking lame. For fucks sake Kurdt good luck making rock record but stop being a fucking tight arse and fucking up the name that was Metal Church, pay a producer to make something METAL and then you concentrate on what your new fans want.
So. Three fucking rock records in one year, spreading out the same riffs. Dude. Howe needs to get his shit together and build the real Church back.