The what's going on in Thrash thread

So. Three fucking rock records in one year, spreading out the same riffs. Dude. Howe needs to get his shit together and build the real Church back.

Yeah I think Kurdt's done his dash now. No one gives a fuck if he wants to play and record rock, but no one wants all his stuff to bleed in together and be the one thing under three different banners.

Reactions: redfly
I agree. If that's the worst, it's gonna be good. I am leery about the mold comment. He says that with every album lol. And it's usually standard Overkill. Not complaining though.

Yeah I'm not expecting anything different, but after 30 years I also don't want different

It does make me wonder what Howe and the boys think. I'm sure they don't begrudge him having other bands but they signed on for a metal band not a band full of pop and rock classics.
At the least they have to notice he's recycling his riffs over and over. I mean it's gotta be obvious Kurdt's idea tank isn't that full. I'd be a little pissed if I was Howe. The other guys might not care, they don't really bring much to the table to begin with.

Reactions: Slammed
At the least they have to notice he's recycling his riffs over and over. I mean it's gotta be obvious Kurdt's idea tank isn't that full. I'd be a little pissed if I was Howe. The other guys might not care, they don't really bring much to the table to begin with.

The thing is Howe seems to be toeing the line. There was nearly as many interviews with him leading up to the release saying that it was a return to old school MC. It almost seems to be that Howe is brainwashed.

http://bravewords.com/news/metal-ch...-a-living-it-doesn-t-get-any-better-than-that

Not interested in the article (no self respecting metal head is) but I finally worked out who Stet is trying to look like with those silly looks in the promo shots. He's trying to look like Tig Trager from Sons Of Anarchy. The guy was a deviate, a perv, and a sleaze who was dating a transgender woman, but his most redeeming feature was that he was also a practising necrophiliac. Stet's definitely picking his role models well :)

http://bravewords.com/news/metal-ch...-a-living-it-doesn-t-get-any-better-than-that

Not interested in the article (no self respecting metal head is) but I finally worked out who Stet is trying to look like with those silly looks in the promo shots. He's trying to look like Tig Trager from Sons Of Anarchy. The guy was a deviate, a perv, and a sleaze who was dating a transgender woman, but his most redeeming feature was that he was also a practising necrophiliac. Stet's definitely picking his role models well :)
Lol, I never watched the show...but sounds like a great character! :p I had assumed Stets look was left over from his days with WASP. Who knew?!

It's gonna be hard to outdo what Ron brought on the drums though. .

WHAT??!?!?!?! Bittner is brilliant, top 5 at least. :p
I do however find it interesting that the new F&J has some powerhouse drumming on it from start to finish which I don't think previous F&J albums had. Was it Bittner and has he carried that to Overkill? I don't know.

Lol, I never watched the show...but sounds like a great character! :p I had assumed Stets look was left over from his days with WASP. Who knew?!

I don't think Stet looked like that in WASP (I could be wrong) and Sons Of Anarchy finished a few years ago so who knows what he's trying to look like.

There is fan rumours that Blackie has all sorts of rules about how anyone in the WASP band looked and dressed, some of them sound as far fetched as the bible stories, but some of them could be true.

WHAT??!?!?!?! Bittner is brilliant, top 5 at least. :p
I do however find it interesting that the new F&J has some powerhouse drumming on it from start to finish which I don't think previous F&J albums had. Was it Bittner and has he carried that to Overkill? I don't know.
Bittner was really good on the last Flotsam. Not sure he was much better than Kelly when Flotsam did full on thrash though. But Ken Mary. Holy shit. He's dusted Bittner's performance as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I don't think Stet looked like that in WASP (I could be wrong) and Sons Of Anarchy finished a few years ago so who knows what he's trying to look like.

There is fan rumours that Blackie has all sorts of rules about how anyone in the WASP band looked and dressed, some of them sound as far fetched as the bible stories, but some of them could be true.
Yeah I really only remember what Blackie looked/looks like. ...he's black right?:p

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed