The what's going on in Thrash thread

It is a mystery but I'd reckon the labels would want all gone, Wacken would want to make as much money as they could if the can get the view rate high enough whereas the bands probably would be happy if they saw any money from it.
Yeah maybe. But I'm not even sure who the labels are these days. A lot of the bands that are signed with say a Nuclear blast seem to be in partnership with them and have their own label and management and really just use them for distribution. I would think they would welcome the exposure, if they aren't going to sell them. But I really have no idea what's going on with all these shows. It's a shame that they are getting chopped up and removed in some cases.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/da...ed-to-participate-in-experience-hendrix-tour/

Maybe he should flatter his fans with a new fucking album!

Edit:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...25000-from-asking-price-of-california-estate/

New album or at least a date would be nice.

Looks like he can't sell his house. Maybe if he released a new fucking album he wouldn't need too.
Wow he's been trying to sell that for a really long time. It is a nice place. I can't imagine what it must cost to keep an empty house in Cali.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah maybe. But I'm not even sure who the labels are these days. A lot of the bands that are signed with say a Nuclear blast seem to be in partnership with them and have their own label and management and really just use them for distribution. I would think they would welcome the exposure, if they aren't going to sell them. But I really have no idea what's going on with all these shows. It's a shame that they are getting chopped up and removed in some cases.

Bands having their own labels and then using bigger labels for the reach with distribution and marketing must be a fucking nightmare for accountants to work out the shares.

The biggest thing that goes against Wacken cutting up the videos is that they must spend thousands every year to film the shows, the camera work and number of cameras is top notch these days and all the stages are set up to be recorded. I can see them wanting to recoup some cost and they don't sell the videos (as far as I know) so having YT views does make sense, but cutting them up doesn't unless they are getting shit loads of views. I don't think YT pay out until views go over a million these days.

Reactions: redfly
Wow he's been trying to sell that for a really long time. It is a nice place. I can't imagine what it must cost to keep an empty house in Cali.

If the figures in the article are right the guy was dreaming if he thought he's sell it at the original asking price. I don't know what real estate is worth there but it's a massive price drop from what appeared to be a massively over inflated original price.

Bands having their own labels and then using bigger labels for the reach with distribution and marketing must be a fucking nightmare for accountants to work out the shares.

The biggest thing that goes against Wacken cutting up the videos is that they must spend thousands every year to film the shows, the camera work and number of cameras is top notch these days and all the stages are set up to be recorded. I can see them wanting to recoup some cost and they don't sell the videos (as far as I know) so having YT views does make sense, but cutting them up doesn't unless they are getting shit loads of views. I don't think YT pay out until views go over a million these days.
Yeah that's true, all that can't be cheap at all and even if it's covered by attendance and food and drink and everything else. You would think they'd want as much as possible.

If the figures in the article are right the guy was dreaming if he thought he's sell it at the original asking price. I don't know what real estate is worth there but it's a massive price drop from what appeared to be a massively over inflated original price.
Hammet is having a lot of trouble with his too.

I don't know much about Cali realty. I do you know that a kind of crappy small ranch style on almost no land at all can go for a million because just the space is so desired. So they just knock the house down.

When I moved last year, if the house hadn't sold soon it was going to cost $800 a month just to have an empty house. And that was just a ranch style in a middle class neighborhood. Plus if it's still unsold for tax time. Ouch. I can't even begin to guess at California and a house and property that's worth multi millions. Hope Elektra's career is worth it!

I believe the worldwide real estate market is slowing down and I wouldn't dare suggest rock stars have illusions of grandeur about how much their own shit is worth, but I'm also not surprised that they are having problem. One of those Hemsworth brothers is going to be the same here if he ever tries to sell the house he's building. It's fucking massive, it looks like a shopping mall being built next to a 2 bedroom house.

Over here we have the similar issues. Council rates and all the shit that goes with having a house on a bit of dirt cost a fortune even if you don't live in the fucking thing. Still I'm pissed off with Dave so I hope it's costing him $100,000 a month to keep and that might make him get off his arse and make a new album!

He should rent it out to metalheads and do random appearances, it's gotta be worth a grand a week surely.

Listed as groove metal? Don't tell @redfly it's not just thrash :p

Still don't know what a Legacy Promo is other than some magazine or media outlet. But with two songs on the new album, one from ages ago and two live songs that I'm not interested in I'm glad they didn't release it for me.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Listed as groove metal? Don't tell @redfly it's not just thrash :p

Still don't know what a Legacy Promo is other than some magazine or media outlet. But with two songs on the new album, one from ages ago and two live songs that I'm not interested in I'm glad they didn't release it for me.
Haha, well I don't think having a song or two with some groove makes a band a "Groove Metal" band. But whatever I don't really care either.

But yeah I'm not sure what this either. Is this a download link or a link to but the album?