The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah I forgot my original and had to make a new one a few years ago.

You know when that movie came out, I ws kind f behind them. But then I listened to more of their stuff. And then I heard the new stuff. No different. And then his attitude. It's just so off from reality.

Man, if you really want to be disgusted you should check out the vid on Blabber. It just...I have no real words for it. Disbelief is a good one though. Just complete cheese.

Yeah, you're right. It wouldn't have flown in 82 lol.

I remember hearing about the band ages ago, but totally ignored them until the movie came out, not exactly sure why, but by the time I watched the movie I really wished I had kept ignoring them. I did think there was funny parts in the movie, but it wasn't until I watched parts of it a second time and treated it like Spinal Tap that I decided it had any merit at all. :)

I don't know if I can bring myself to watch it :)

Reactions: redfly
Haha, no way!

There are parts where you could almost take these guys as an Overkill cover band. Overall they are faster in that they don't appear to have anything but speed/crossover, but it's amazing how much the singer does sound like Blitz given they probably speak different languages and this guy's English is probably a second language.

I remember hearing about the band ages ago, but totally ignored them until the movie came out, not exactly sure why, but by the time I watched the movie I really wished I had kept ignoring them. I did think there was funny parts in the movie, but it wasn't until I watched parts of it a second time and treated it like Spinal Tap that I decided it had any merit at all. :)

I don't know if I can bring myself to watch it :)
Well I don't wanna cause any trauma so I'm not gonna push it! But holy crap. If you ever get in the mood for the worst thing ever, you know where to look! It's a whole new level to itself. They have only themselves to blame for where they are.

Reactions: Slammed
There are parts where you could almost take these guys as an Overkill cover band. Overall they are faster in that they don't appear to have anything but speed/crossover, but it's amazing how much the singer does sound like Blitz given they probably speak different languages and this guy's English is probably a second language.
Yeah it's pretty crazy. I wonder if he's got Bobby's laugh to?!

Well I don't wanna cause any trauma so I'm not gonna push it! But holy crap. If you ever get in the mood for the worst thing ever, you know where to look! It's a whole new level to itself. They have only themselves to blame for where they are.

I'll listen to it over breakfast tomorrow, I try to only open Blabber and the like once a day, I feel dirty if I open them any more :)

I'm pretty sure they were told by many people that the movie made them look even worse than they did and that everything the did after the movie would be tainted by the image portrayed in the movie.

Yeah it's pretty crazy. I wonder if he's got Bobby's laugh to?!

I dunno but it's like that Fabulous Desaster band (of which their CD's arrived at my place a few weeks ago) which sound so much like Exodus and Zetro. I know some people say we all have our doppelganger somewhere in the world but it's funny to think two bands can be so alike from two completely different origins.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/megadeths-david-ellefson-weve-never-written-songs-to-win-grammys/

At this point even songs to win Granny's would be something :)

According to the article they hit the road with Ozzy (if he's recovered) in May June and July. I think the boat trip is September. That gives the band Feb, March and April to get this fucking album out if they are planning to tour with it and surely they will want a new album to hit the boat with, after all it is their party.

I dunno but it's like that Fabulous Desaster band (of which their CD's arrived at my place a few weeks ago) which sound so much like Exodus and Zetro. I know some people say we all have our doppelganger somewhere in the world but it's funny to think two bands can be so alike from two completely different origins.
So people are very good at mimicry. I mean I assume he's going for the Blitz sound.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/megadeths-david-ellefson-weve-never-written-songs-to-win-grammys/

At this point even songs to win Granny's would be something :)

According to the article they hit the road with Ozzy (if he's recovered) in May June and July. I think the boat trip is September. That gives the band Feb, March and April to get this fucking album out if they are planning to tour with it and surely they will want a new album to hit the boat with, after all it is their party.
Hahaha.

That's crap though. Jr may not have. But Dave chased that grammy like it was the cure for cancer for many years. Funny that they finally got one after he stopped chasing.

http://bravewords.com/news/dave-mus...eth-i-d-never-put-myself-above-our-fans-video

Oh, in this article it says Blackheads on forehead isn't out until the end of March (shows how much attention I've been paying) guess that pretty much rules out a new album before the Ozzy tour because I can't see them releasing the best of then within a few weeks a new album.
Ugh, I guess I didn't expect it soon. but it's still disheartening to hear it's probably gonna be around summer.

Lol.Blackheads on Foreheads.

So people are very good at mimicry. I mean I assume he's going for the Blitz sound.

No idea I've never heard the guy talk, his voice does change a bit during some of the songs so I'm guess it's not put on, but I could be wrong.

Hahaha.

That's crap though. Jr may not have. But Dave chased that grammy like it was the cure for cancer for many years. Funny that they finally got one after he stopped chasing.

I guess that if Jnr says it maybe less people want to blame him for the 'pop years' where as Snr is the first anyone blames. I remember reading a few interviews where Jnr stands by Snr's choice for the World Needs a Hero phase but Snr always seems to blame record companies.

Ugh, I guess I didn't expect it soon. but it's still disheartening to hear it's probably gonna be around summer.

Lol.Blackheads on Foreheads.

I'm starting to think beyond summer now. It would be logical to hit the boat cruise with a new album, but if it's not all ready recorded I'm not sure they will get time to have it out before the cruise.

I guess that if Jnr says it maybe less people want to blame him for the 'pop years' where as Snr is the first anyone blames. I remember reading a few interviews where Jnr stands by Snr's choice for the World Needs a Hero phase but Snr always seems to blame record companies.
For World Needs A Hero? really? That was when they were getting back to their sound after Risk.