The what's going on in Thrash thread

For World Needs A Hero? really? That was when they were getting back to their sound after Risk.

Hero was pretty weak as far as thrash goes but yes you are right. I wasn't in a very fit state this morning and couldn't remember the order of the albums, but Hero to me always stands out as being almost a radio album.

Reactions: redfly
Hero was pretty weak as far as thrash goes but yes you are right. I wasn't in a very fit state this morning and couldn't remember the order of the albums, but Hero to me always stands out as being almost a radio album.
Oh for sure I agree, it was a bit weak. But also it was almost there. If they had sped those songs up I think it could have fell right into thrash territory. Except for a couple songs.

Reactions: Slammed
Oh for sure I agree, it was a bit weak. But also it was almost there. If they had sped those songs up I think it could have fell right into thrash territory. Except for a couple songs.

I don't dislike Hero as much as I dislike Risk, I've also listened to Hero a lot more. I think Dave might have realised by Hero that pleasing the record company (as he put it several times) was not what fans wanted and he tried to change but it was almost like he didn't want to take that one big leap back to what Megadeth was so he did it in stages.

Hahaha, yeah. At least a week off would be nice.

It's annoying and amusing that Jnr and Frank released their album and did/are doing a tour for it. Many people who are listening to it say it's a good album with some good music, yet there is pretty much nothing about them or their gigs in the press. But nearly every other day there is an article with Jnr talking about Megadeth. I get that Megadeth is his main band and they have something to talk about but surely his current gigs have something to talk about as well.

I don't dislike Hero as much as I dislike Risk, I've also listened to Hero a lot more. I think Dave might have realised by Hero that pleasing the record company (as he put it several times) was not what fans wanted and he tried to change but it was almost like he didn't want to take that one big leap back to what Megadeth was so he did it in stages.
That is exactly how I feel Dave went about it. For me the album needed speeding up and the guitars were thin. but most of the material was there.

Man are my hours f'd up.

It's annoying and amusing that Jnr and Frank released their album and did/are doing a tour for it. Many people who are listening to it say it's a good album with some good music, yet there is pretty much nothing about them or their gigs in the press. But nearly every other day there is an article with Jnr talking about Megadeth. I get that Megadeth is his main band and they have something to talk about but surely his current gigs have something to talk about as well.
Yeah it would be cool to have more about the AA band, especially live stuff. It would also give a nice break from all the performance clips of Metallica. It's like they're paying Blabber to keep putting those on.

How is Peace Sells not on the Warheads disc?!

Last edited:
That is exactly how I feel Dave went about it. For me the album needed speeding up and the guitars were thin. but most of the material was there.

Man are my hours f'd up.

Yeah I noticed you're not replying during my morning/afternoon. I've been busy myself in different hours since the kids went back to school and my days have been a bit screwed up. It annoying not to have a normal rhythm.

Yeah it would be cool to have more about the AA band, especially live stuff. It would also give a nice break from all the performance clips of Metallica. It's like they're paying Blabber to keep putting those on.

How is Peace Sells not on the Warheads disc?!

I'm surprised there hasn't been AA clips. I'm sure someone must be recording them. I know I haven't searched for them, but Blabber has almost ignored the live aspect of AA and it can't be because it's not heavy enough because Blabber do all sort of music these days.

I understand all the Metallica clips from the bands perspective, get them out there, keep them current, people who subscribe will watch, but I also don't understand why Blabber and Bravewords have to link to every one, it's not drawing visitors to their site, just do a weekly wrap up and find something else to talk about.

I thought the same thing about Peace Sells and a few other songs, but I guess there comes a time when 35 songs just isn't enough.

Ah, my favorite. He sounds good too. You could take half of Paul's hair and put it on Gary and they'd both have a normal haircut lol.

Looking at how young they were and how they were dressed was quite funny :)

I'm surprised there hasn't been AA clips. I'm sure someone must be recording them. I know I haven't searched for them, but Blabber has almost ignored the live aspect of AA and it can't be because it's not heavy enough because Blabber do all sort of music these days.

I understand all the Metallica clips from the bands perspective, get them out there, keep them current, people who subscribe will watch, but I also don't understand why Blabber and Bravewords have to link to every one, it's not drawing visitors to their site, just do a weekly wrap up and find something else to talk about.

I thought the same thing about Peace Sells and a few other songs, but I guess there comes a time when 35 songs just isn't enough.
It's seems very weird to me. Peace Sells is one of their most well known songs for a number of reasons. I'm not sure why he always pushes She Wolf. Was it a big song for them? I know it was on the radio but I never thought the song had any real buzz about it or that is a particularly great song. But he pushes it on everything like it's A Tout Le Monde or Symphony Of Destruction. I sure as hell wouldn't pick that over Peace Sells. Plus even though he didn't write the bass line it's one of Jr's shiniest moments. Maybe Dave was mad at him when he was choosing the track listing lol.

Haha there is a 15 sec promo for Warhead now.

The headline made it sound like they had some real career retrospective video to play, I kept looking for the video up and down. I thought maybe it got removed or something, But no, it's just this. Wasn't this already up? And who the hell bothers to make 15 second video clip?!