The what's going on in Thrash thread

Haha, well I don't think having a song or two with some groove makes a band a "Groove Metal" band. But whatever I don't really care either.

But yeah I'm not sure what this either. Is this a download link or a link to but the album?

On many sites Anthrax are considered groove metal too. But then again so are F&J, Testament, Slayer and Skid Row apparently!

It's a link to download. The link takes you to another site, you choose the server/file, then you do a check for robots and wait for a minute for the file link to become active. Obviously not legit downloads but also not untrustworthy sites if you close down any pop ups.

Reactions: redfly
This is the first Nickelback article I've ever read. I had no idea there were brothers in that band.

Neither did I until a few weeks ago and the same guy made headlines for saying he wanted to be more metal on the next album. I think he's got an up hill battle, his brother is not a metal singer and even though they are on a metal label and some of the royalities will be cheaper I can't see the label wanting even more people hating on Nickleback.

On many sites Anthrax are considered groove metal too. But then again so are F&J, Testament, Slayer and Skid Row apparently!

It's a link to download. The link takes you to another site, you choose the server/file, then you do a check for robots and wait for a minute for the file link to become active. Obviously not legit downloads but also not untrustworthy sites if you close down any pop ups.
Yeah I've seen that lol. What evs.
Oh ok, thanks. I actually ordered the album a few hours ago :headbang:

Reactions: Slammed
Neither did I until a few weeks ago and the same guy made headlines for saying he wanted to be more metal on the next album. I think he's got an up hill battle, his brother is not a metal singer and even though they are on a metal label and some of the royalities will be cheaper I can't see the label wanting even more people hating on Nickleback.
What's their label?

Yeah I've seen that lol. What evs.
Oh ok, thanks. I actually ordered the album a few hours ago :headbang:

Ordered the new album or the Legacy album? I couldn't even be bothered getting a free copy of that Legacy thing.

Lol. Sooo. I replied to a comment on that Anvil song. He said it was not good (I'm paraphrasing). I said I thought this is why people think metal is cheesy. A few minutes ago someone named Mr Lipps with the singers picture subscribed to my youtube channel. You don't think it could be him do you? lol Am I in trouble?!! :lol: But also there is nothing on my youtube channel. I was only vaguely aware I had one! No vids, no nothing.

Lol. Sooo. I replied to a comment on that Anvil song. He said it was not good (I'm paraphrasing). I said I thought this is why people think metal is cheesy. A few minutes ago someone named Mr Lipps with the singers picture subscribed to my youtube channel. You don't think it could be him do you? lol Am I in trouble?!! :lol: But also there is nothing on my youtube channel. I was only vaguely aware I had one! No vids, no nothing.

If you believe the movie it could be. The guy was a first class fuckwit in the movie. He was an egotistical cock, not like Mustiane who has the talent and money to back it up, like the kind of wanker you see at Burger King who can tell you every mistake every band has ever made and how he could have done better had he been given a chance. iirc there was a time where the band was not making music and he was working some shit job and he did spend his time telling people on line how Anvil deserved more kudos and they were better musicians that Metallica (before Metallica were universally disliked). Even if it is him going by the personal in the movie I'd say he was more piss and vinegar than anything else but he could be fun too play with. You should send him over here and we can praise his music :)

Oh, the new Overkill. Oh I see, it's different from the album lol. Derrr.

Given the first two tracks are off the new album (both released on YT) I'm guessing the Legacy thing is kind of like the Japanese extra tracks thing only this Legacy thing comes out to promote the new album not as free extra to the album.

If you believe the movie it could be. The guy was a first class fuckwit in the movie. He was an egotistical cock, not like Mustiane who has the talent and money to back it up, like the kind of wanker you see at Burger King who can tell you every mistake every band has ever made and how he could have done better had he been given a chance. iirc there was a time where the band was not making music and he was working some shit job and he did spend his time telling people on line how Anvil deserved more kudos and they were better musicians that Metallica (before Metallica were universally disliked). Even if it is him going by the personal in the movie I'd say he was more piss and vinegar than anything else but he could be fun too play with. You should send him over here and we can praise his music :)
Hahaha. I agree, he seems like a real prick with an ego where his brain should be. I kind of hope he does start some shit with me, it cold be fun and I would try my hardest to get him here! To bad I don't know anything abut youtube channels, I'd put a bunch of stuff on it.
I couldn't get past a few minutes of that song and that was more than I wanted! The guy is always complaining nobody takes them seriously and then they do songs and videos like that. It may have flown in 1982...if there had been gps. but it's not 1982.

Hahaha. I agree, he seems like a real prick with an ego where his brain should be. I kind of hope he does start some shit with me, it cold be fun and I would try my hardest to get him here! To bad I don't know anything abut youtube channels, I'd put a bunch of stuff on it.
I couldn't get past a few minutes of that song and that was more than I wanted! The guy is always complaining nobody takes them seriously and then they do songs and videos like that. It may have flown in 1982...if there had been gps. but it's not 1982.

I once had a YT channel so I could comment on someones videos, but I forgot the password and don't remember what email address I signed up for it with so I never figured out how to do anything but comment and that was about 10 years ago. Guess I haven't found anything I want to comment on since :)

Apart from what was in the movie I think I did listen to one Anvil album but gave up in disgust. I saw their name pop up on Blabber this morning but there was no way I was clicking on the link.

I don't think it did fly in 82 either, because as much as they suggest they were successful at one point it really was only in Canada and I believe their popularity despite playing with and influencing bands like Metallica was mostly in their heads.

Ok. That would make sense.

I don't even know if the thing is commercially available worldwide or just where it was released but it seems like they could call it a pre release EP and it would still be essentially the same thing.

I once had a YT channel so I could comment on someones videos, but I forgot the password and don't remember what email address I signed up for it with so I never figured out how to do anything but comment and that was about 10 years ago. Guess I haven't found anything I want to comment on since :)

Apart from what was in the movie I think I did listen to one Anvil album but gave up in disgust. I saw their name pop up on Blabber this morning but there was no way I was clicking on the link.

I don't think it did fly in 82 either, because as much as they suggest they were successful at one point it really was only in Canada and I believe their popularity despite playing with and influencing bands like Metallica was mostly in their heads.
Yeah I forgot my original and had to make a new one a few years ago.

You know when that movie came out, I ws kind f behind them. But then I listened to more of their stuff. And then I heard the new stuff. No different. And then his attitude. It's just so off from reality.

Man, if you really want to be disgusted you should check out the vid on Blabber. It just...I have no real words for it. Disbelief is a good one though. Just complete cheese.

Yeah, you're right. It wouldn't have flown in 82 lol.