The what's going on in Thrash thread

We lit the roof of the local university on fire with a Kiss cover band. Was the same week in the early 90's that Gene stepped into a pyro on stage, we let a pyro go off and it got a little close to the roof and smouldered it's way half way across the roof surface before they could stop it. We had to stop the show but it place wasn't evacuated, although we never got a call to return.

Reactions: redfly
We lit the roof of the local university on fire with a Kiss cover band. Was the same week in the early 90's that Gene stepped into a pyro on stage, we let a pyro go off and it got a little close to the roof and smouldered it's way half way across the roof surface before they could stop it. We had to stop the show but it place wasn't evacuated, although we never got a call to return.
Rock N Roll!

Reactions: Slammed
The really annoying thing was that at the time the Kiss cover band (who were approved by the band) and a Led Zepp cover band were the highest grossing live hard rock acts in the country. These guys were booked solid 5 and 6 nights a week and on the road constantly. More people were seeing these bands because they went into the regional areas than were seeing touring bands from the US and Europe.

This doesn't really have much to do with your post but I am getting a bit tired of the whole Zombie thing. It's been long enough.
Awww waz ur Mommy killed by a Zombie?...lol Zombies are badass!... IMO, the song with the zombie theme, "Human Decay" is really good, and the video was lit too!

You're welcome. Still no idea who Chris Crosswhite is despite the bio kind of suggesting he's someone noted in the metal world but the music isn't too bad. I would probably listen to more of his work if it was available.

Wow even Blabber, the epitome of metal news hasn't found this video yet. I feel special (even though all I did was log onto FB and it was there).

Also on FB this morning I saw a link where Dave was reflecting on The Word Needs A Hero and The System Has Failed.

I didn't need such reflection in my life so I didn't click the link.

Listening to Temple of Brutality and although I'm not sold on the vocalist completely I'm wondering if maybe some of the new "heavy as hell" Megadeth songs might be as heavy as Jnr helped them make in Temple of Brutality. I kind of think not.

Awww waz ur Mommy killed by a Zombie?...lol Zombies are badass!... IMO, the song with the zombie theme, "Human Decay" is really good, and the video was lit too!
lol, not that I know of. It just seems like everything has been zombies since Dawn Of The Dead in 2004, that's a long time. I could go for some new Werewolf stuff lol

lol, not that I know of. It just seems like everything has been zombies since Dawn Of The Dead in 2004, that's a long time. I could go for some new Werewolf stuff lol

I do agree. I'm not much on Zombies any more for that exact reason. We don't have the number of TV station here that the US do and for lazy shits like me who refuse to pay for TV shows to put me to sleep we are limited quite a bit in what we do see for nothing but it seems like the last 15 years or so there has been so many zombie, or zombie related shows that it's just been over done and become very same same. There has been a few decent zombie movies like Shawn Of The Dead (fuck that was funny) but dudes walking around around with spaced out looks, white faces and looking for brains to eat has been over done.

I'm surprised they missed it too. Thanks, will watch in a bit :headbang:

For me this one was a little more interesting. They talk about the MTV days (for want of a better title) and it's interesting to hear just how different that world was to what we got. MTV in this country at the time went for about 2 hours late on a Friday night and only really played pop and rock, despite using Peace Sells as the promo to MTV News. The only real reason for metal heads to tune into MTV in this country at the time was because the chick that read the rock news was a babe, no one gave a shit what she was talking about, it was the only time pop news was every interesting :)

I do agree. I'm not much on Zombies any more for that exact reason. We don't have the number of TV station here that the US do and for lazy shits like me who refuse to pay for TV shows to put me to sleep we are limited quite a bit in what we do see for nothing but it seems like the last 15 years or so there has been so many zombie, or zombie related shows that it's just been over done and become very same same. There has been a few decent zombie movies like Shawn Of The Dead (fuck that was funny) but dudes walking around around with spaced out looks, white faces and looking for brains to eat has been over done.
Yeah there's nothing that hasn't been done with Zombies...a hundred times.

Sean Of The Dead is awesome. The first bluray I bought.