The what's going on in Thrash thread

Neither Kirk or Lars can sell their houses apparently so they might be looking for a quick buck from an easy court case.

I remember that BS a few years back where the media reported that Metallica were going to sue some Canadian cover band. Turned out the media were all suckered by the letter of demand that was written by someone not even associated with the band and the band had no idea about the court case.
Hahaha, yeah I remember that. I think Metallica ended up helping them in some way.

Reactions: Slammed
I don't remember seeing it, but then I do have a shitty memory.

The song looks like a community stage given that it's at NAMM.
I'm always surprised by NAMM, I always think it's going to look very professional. But everything seems to be a bit mickey moused even for the big acts. Still cool that they had them there.

Guess I haven't been paying attention but I was just looking down the release list for today and Glen Drover's new band Walls Of Blood have their debut out. Can't say I've heard any singles from it and there is a different singer for every song by the look of it including Tim Owens, Todd La Torre and Chuck Billy.
I've heard the one with Todd, and honestly couldn't care less about Ripper. But I totally want to hear what Chuck does.

Oh yeah and Dream Theatre is released today too, although from other parts of this forum word is that album leaked about 4 days ago and so far I haven't seen one person review it so maybe it's not that popular.
That is odd if it really was leaked four days ago. Maybe reviewers don't want to be attached to the leak.

I'm always surprised by NAMM, I always think it's going to look very professional. But everything seems to be a bit mickey moused even for the big acts. Still cool that they had them there.

I don't know a lot about NAMM but I used to go to all those industry computer/tech shows, same thing only for computers, and they used to have the same deal. Some of the biggest suppliers had the biggest and showiest displays then when it came to center stage to show stuff off it looked like it was done by a bunch of kids.

Reactions: redfly
I've heard the one with Todd, and honestly couldn't care less about Ripper. But I totally want to hear what Chuck does.

Ripper is one of those guys I can happily listen to when he sings but don't care what he has to say. He's definitely got a great voice and it's powerful but he's got a large dose of "whataboutmeism" when it comes to interviews.

That is odd if it really was leaked four days ago. Maybe reviewers don't want to be attached to the leak.

Most of the guys on other parts of this forum don't give a shit who they offend or what they say, admitting they listened to a leaked album would be the least of their problems. I'd say it's just not overly popular on this forum, or more to the point they are a band that people love to hate. Secretly they probably listen to the album but tell everyone they never listen to the band because because hate is cooler than love.

Ripper is one of those guys I can happily listen to when he sings but don't care what he has to say. He's definitely got a great voice and it's powerful but he's got a large dose of "whataboutmeism" when it comes to interviews.
I don't know what it is about him but I don't really care for his voice or any of the bands he's been in. I think he's over rated. He gets a lot of praise for being great. But to me AK from Flotsam dusts him.

Most of the guys on other parts of this forum don't give a shit who they offend or what they say, admitting they listened to a leaked album would be the least of their problems. I'd say it's just not overly popular on this forum, or more to the point they are a band that people love to hate. Secretly they probably listen to the album but tell everyone they never listen to the band because because hate is cooler than love.
Oh ok, I was thinking more of professional reviewers ( I know it's a thin line ) than people on this site.

I don't know what it is about him but I don't really care for his voice or any of the bands he's been in. I think he's over rated. He gets a lot of praise for being great. But to me AK from Flotsam dusts him.

I haven't got a lot of his stuff but he's like a lot of polarising vocalists, there is a lot of love and hate.

Oh ok, I was thinking more of professional reviewers ( I know it's a thin line ) than people on this site.

No those guys probably would get in the shit if they listened to leaked copies...or at least admitted to doing it. Many of them get advanced copies as it is. Metal Injection have already reviewed Overkill and they reviewed Flostam about 4 days before it came out.

No those guys probably would get in the shit if they listened to leaked copies...or at least admitted to doing it. Many of them get advanced copies as it is. Metal Injection have already reviewed Overkill and they reviewed Flostam about 4 days before it came out.
Half the time I forget all about MI. I think because it's tabloidness is off the chart. But that being said I have seen plenty that I wouldn't know about if I only checked Blabber and BW.
Oops! I'll be quite now lol

I check MI because they do beat others with quite a bit of news, but yeah their articles are fairly pissweak and carry little information.
The only other good thing about MI used to be the Friday metal reviews because it told me what albums were coming out, but I've since found both wiki and Metal Archives have a more comprehensive list of new albums.