The what's going on in Thrash thread

What I've heard so far is good, it's unmistakably Overkill, Blitz's voice is good, the songs are heavy.I'm looking forward to giving it another listen

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah, nah, yeah nah, growls, a little bit of speed (but not much), orgasmic panting, drums, don;t think I'll be getting this.

Reactions: redfly
Nice is this first time you’ve heard it,what do you think? It’s a pretty solid track right?

Track is solid but it doesn't sound like it was written with the rest of the album. Not sure if maybe there is a little less power there. The album was so powerful and relentless I wasn't quite hearing that in the song. Maybe I need to listen to the album and then listen to that track at the end.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Track is solid but it doesn't sound like it was written with the rest of the album. Not sure if maybe there is a little less power there. The album was so powerful and relentless I wasn't quite hearing that in the song. Maybe I need to listen to the album and then listen to that track at the end.
I love this track. I think because he's using less vibrato singing that it sounds more like mid Flotsam than the rest of the album, because of that I think it has a little more attitude. I think it fits what a bonus track is as it is a bit different. But I think production wise it sounds the same as the rest of the album.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I love this track. I think because he's using less vibrato singing that it sounds more like mid Flotsam than the rest of the album, because of that I think it has a little more attitude. I think it fits what a bonus track is as it is a bit different. But I think production wise it sounds the same as the rest of the album.

Maybe I need to listen to it all again but I still like to think of these Japanese bonus tracks as being an afterthought, something the bands do but don't really care about they are just told to do it. Maybe my brain is tainted

I like it, but I'm not sold as if it will be a go to track...and was that Oh oh oh. Springsteen at the end?

Not sure if it was Springsteen but he was definitely channelling Springsteen.

I don't know what will be a go to track to be honest. I expected more from Batshit Crazy after reading a review the other day. Head Of A Pin is better than I remembered it being. Distortion is good but not excellent. In Ashes sounds like it wants to be harder than it is, maybe the lyrics are letting it down, I'm not sure. I don't dislike the album but I do need to listen to it a bit more to get more of a feel for it.

Oh and I wont be going to that video often, the white wash is not a bad technique but it's too pure for nearly 5 mins :)

Haha blabber have an article today of Lars looking back on their Grammy loss to Jethro Tull. Who the fuck is asking about that these days, it's twenty fucking years ago and only made news for five minutes back then, surely it doesn't need revisiting in an article.

Reactions: redfly