The what's going on in Thrash thread

For whatever reason I haven't managed to listen to Overkill all the way through. Just in pieces. I just listened to In Ashes twice. This is what I think of when Slammed talked about bonus tracks not being so well put together. And that Oh Oh part is just not so good. This really seems like an after thought very basic just get it done song to me.

I don't even know what sort of 'bonus' that song is, seems like pretty much every one got it, does that really make it a bonus?

I remember a while back someone did their own remix of one of the Metallica albums to make it sound better, they also did the last Anthrax. Obviously taste is subjective and just because someone remixes an album doesn't automatically make it sounds better, but I would really love to hear someone remix that last song, give it some aggression to match the words, remove the ooh ooh bit and lift a few levels across the board. It might still sound like an added extra but I think the song deserves a fair go.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah I saw the track listing once without that track but all the rest I've seen has had it lol.

I did hear one of the Metallica remixes and it did sound good but I'm not sure it was better. The last Anthrax I thought sounded pretty good.
But In Ashes I think definitely could use a remix. I think in general Blitz relies on rhyming to pull the song through. Obviously everyone rhymes it's part of normal song structure. But he rhymes every line with the next and it kind of seems like the rhyme makes the song whether it is a good lyric or not. As long as it rhymes it goes in.

Reactions: Slammed
I got the impression the song was trying to say more than it ended up saying. Not entirely sure what that might have been but I think it's that impression that makes me think it wants to be more aggressive than it is.

Listening to the whole album at the same time I think the songs do work okay with each other, they still aren't perfect and it's not a concept album that tells a story but for some reason it just seems to play better one song after another. With the exception maybe of Garden State which does stand on it's own but isn't necessarily an Overkill signature tune.

Well I'm always, always down for a song being more aggressive. and you're right it kind of plods along and sounds like it wants to take off but doesn't really.

That is what I need to do is listen all the way through and get the flow of it.

The funny thing is that in ashes is included on this deluxe edition or whatever and is the exact same for the jap version as a bonus.So that would be a complete ripoff for someone foolish enough to purchase.Kinda Fucking really makes no sense!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
The funny thing is that in ashes is included on this deluxe edition or whatever and is the exact same for the jap version as a bonus.So that would be a complete ripoff for someone foolish enough to purchase.Kinda Fucking really makes no sense!
Really? Wow that is a rip off. Guess it pays to research lol

Lol well there's nothing stupid in what he says until you read the part where they insert old comments he's made. I couldn't bring myself to read the blabber comments lol.
Now. Where's the freaking album?!!

I'm maintaining the rage and not reading anything from him until the new album comes out.
The Blabber comments are definitely becoming worse with some musos. There will always be those who create enough of a storm that people hate for the sake of hating and those comments get a bit old but there is some genuine winners with some of the comments.

Where as I assumed he wasn't going to tell me there was a new album so I went straight to the comments :)

I do agree though keeping away from the politics of any situation does make things calmer. I don't mind disagreeing with people, I don't mind people disagreeing with me and I really don't mind a decent discussion but when discussions move into the politics of a situation I tend to lose concentration and don't really think about my responses.

It's funny sometimes losing interest and just seeing how little interest you can get away with before the other person realises you are no longer in the same conversation as them and they are still arguing hard about whatever it was you've forgotten about.