The what's going on in Thrash thread

Apparently the final video in the Welcome to the Garden State series has been released but FB let me down again and it hasn't shown me. There is a link on Bravewords but now the whole family is up so I wont be able to watch it for a while.

Reactions: redfly
Idk how old he is, I think he's oldest one of them though. Could be they've been playing a lot of shows too. Who knows. I wonder if the guy on their forum is going to give it a good review. I think you're right about him usually giving very good reviews. I wish I knew if things were actually that good or if he's just really enthusiastic lol.
I'm going to see if YT has anything from the show.

Reactions: Slammed
Apparently the final video in the Welcome to the Garden State series has been released but FB let me down again and it hasn't shown me. There is a link on Bravewords but now the whole family is up so I wont be able to watch it for a while.
I don't think I saw anything from a Friday The 13th movie in that Garden State video (the song). They blew it lol

Idk how old he is, I think he's oldest one of them though. Could be they've been playing a lot of shows too. Who knows. I wonder if the guy on their forum is going to give it a good review. I think you're right about him usually giving very good reviews. I wish I knew if things were actually that good or if he's just really enthusiastic lol.
I'm going to see if YT has anything from the show.

Seems someone recorded all of the JP show in Sydney but as yet the same guy hasn't surfaced with any recording of Slayer or Anthrax. I'm sure someone would have recorded it though.

I don't think I saw anything from a Friday The 13th movie in that Garden State video (the song). They blew it lol

Gotta admit, since the album has been released I'm not as interested in then Garden State videos :)

I would imagine if the venue and the equipment wasn't up to scratch we'll start hearing more about other bands not being great as well. Time will tell. I believe Anthrax and Behemoth are doing a side show somewhere without Slayer, not sure whose got top billing, but it will be interesting to see how people take those gigs and whether Anthrax get better reports.

Listening to this again.
I reckon there is more going on than I first thought.
Fast, slow, pounding drums, at times the vocals even sound like a bad Mustaine impersonation. The bass is there but the drums are more prominent. The vocals are clear and you can understand nearly every word. I think this might have potential.

This the one I listened to last night. I kind of hope they dial the harshness of the vocals down a little and I wasn't crazy about the lyrics. But. It does have really good potential. If they can tweak it a little bit just for me I'm all in lol. Nice fire to it. They could be really good.
Gonna listen to what you posted now.

Listening to what the band has put on bandcamp the latest album does show progression but unfortunately it's backwards. It starts out with some kick arse guitars and drums although by the end of the first song the vocals are a bit weak and the music changes. But then move into the second song at it all starts again. However not all their songs do that and there is something there. But then by the end of the record Blackened Cloth starts out with a spoken word, (which is quite relevant in this country today) but it fades towards the end again. I don't mind some songs fading but it does appear these guy write a few of them like that.

The first album released a few years ago is different though. It's not quite as heavy but it doesn't seem to have the fade at the end of the songs. I'm not sure the lyrics are better but the vocals don't seem to be a distinct (for lack of a better word). There is still something about the vocals on the latest album that I don't hate but I also don't think are great. Maybe he's up and down in pitch too much in the same songs?

Yeah I did notice one of the songs just kind of faded out instead of having an actual end. And I did like the one you posted a bit more than the first one I did.
I think maybe you're right the vocals are a bit all over the place. IT's hard to tell if it's lack of experience or if it's really the style they are going for.
There is for sure something there. I hope they can put all the pieces together.

Yeah I did notice one of the songs just kind of faded out instead of having an actual end. And I did like the one you posted a bit more than the first one I did.
I think maybe you're right the vocals are a bit all over the place. IT's hard to tell if it's lack of experience or if it's really the style they are going for.
There is for sure something there. I hope they can put all the pieces together.

I do get an Alice In Hell (which I know Randall wasn't on) feel from the singing though, but then there was parts when I think he was trying to impersonate Mustaine too.