The what's going on in Thrash thread

Full album's been released on YT.

Not sure how I feel about Dave's latest efforts, the guy is probably one of my favourite singers despite many death metal die hards saying he's sold out now and can't sing but I'll still give it a go later.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I haven't watched all of this. Exodus posted in on FB for obvious reason. I've skimmed it and one thing I think I did notice was that the bit for Venom's Witching Hour looks a lot like the film clip that used to get played on TV all the time over here.

I think I've seen this before or parts of it. Seems like they are gathering all the Exodus stuff on YT for their channel and FB?

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Okay I have what is possibly an unhealthy fascination for pinball machines (the best job my dad ever had when I was a kid was fixing the things) and it's probably a good thing there is no arcades near my house so I found this interesting.

I'd play this if I found it, but not just for the addiction I have but because the soundtrack is written by Scott Ian and Brandon Small.

That's pretty fucking cool! Is the music playing through the machine when it's on?

Full album's been released on YT.

Not sure how I feel about Dave's latest efforts, the guy is probably one of my favourite singers despite many death metal die hards saying he's sold out now and can't sing but I'll still give it a go later.

I liked the stuff I've heard. Not sure it's a buyer for me at least right away. But I like what it so far.

Cool thanks, I've never heard of this site. Since you avoid it can I assume it's tabloidy?

Patreon is usually a site where people ask for money for doing something. Most of what I have seen are writers asking for money to write books or write stories. $5 a month gets you a free short story, $10 get a story of your choice, $20 gets your name in a story and the costs just go upwards for different 'favours' meanwhile the author thinks they make money. What someone doing interviews is charging for I don't know but I've got friends in the writing world who've tried it and pulled the pin when they realise people don't want to pay a fee to see whatever it is they are offering.

That's pretty fucking cool! Is the music playing through the machine when it's on?

I would imagine if it's like most machines there will be one track on all the time, but then when you unlock certain features other tracks would play. How much effort the two of them actually had to put in might not be very much but it's cool that any company is actually seeking out noted musos for the actual machines.

Reactions: redfly
I liked the stuff I've heard. Not sure it's a buyer for me at least right away. But I like what it so far.

The second track they released was not great from memory, but since they are providing this for free I'm definitely going to give it a few listens and see if it's something I want to buy.

Patreon is usually a site where people ask for money for doing something. Most of what I have seen are writers asking for money to write books or write stories. $5 a month gets you a free short story, $10 get a story of your choice, $20 gets your name in a story and the costs just go upwards for different 'favours' meanwhile the author thinks they make money. What someone doing interviews is charging for I don't know but I've got friends in the writing world who've tried it and pulled the pin when they realise people don't want to pay a fee to see whatever it is they are offering.
Oh okay. Sounds....dumb? lol

I would imagine if it's like most machines there will be one track on all the time, but then when you unlock certain features other tracks would play. How much effort the two of them actually had to put in might not be very much but it's cool that any company is actually seeking out noted musos for the actual machines.
Well it looks cool. Wish I had one. I wonder what they start at lol.

Oh okay. Sounds....dumb? lol

I think it's a wake up call too some when they realise others don't like them as much as they thought they did.. It's really just another gofundme type thing but it started out as a subscriber thing not just offer up money and never see it again. Still not something I'd ever do and I can't figure out why a person doing interviews does but each to their own.

Well it looks cool. Wish I had one. I wonder what they start at lol.

I'd love one too. I think I remember a while back that Maiden one was something like about 8000 pounds. But the killer is the service and parts if things go wrong.

Reactions: redfly
I guess overall I'm glad some sort of effort is being made to get or keep people interested.

Yeah I have mixed feelings. I don't always want to see them but with other bands I do watch them all. I watched all of the Overkill one but I'm just as likely to forget about the DA one unless I watch it after lunch.

I think it's a wake up call too some when they realise others don't like them as much as they thought they did.. It's really just another gofundme type thing but it started out as a subscriber thing not just offer up money and never see it again. Still not something I'd ever do and I can't figure out why a person doing interviews does but each to their own.
Yeah the interviewer looking for money is the weirdest part. Good luck to them I guess lol.