The what's going on in Thrash thread

Ohhh yeah and you'd have to have it fixed. Can't let something like that sit there busted!

Yeah my dad said the same when we were growing up. When he was in the industry fixing TV's and pinball machines parts were easily got and such things could be fixed (although he still didn't bring one home). But once he was out of the industry getting any failed parts was difficult because so many of them are built with speciality parts.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah my dad said the same when we were growing up. When he was in the industry fixing TV's and pinball machines parts were easily got and such things could be fixed (although he still didn't bring one home). But once he was out of the industry getting any failed parts was difficult because so many of them are built with speciality parts.
Yeah and especially the news are a lot of circuit boards and chips right?

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah and especially the news are a lot of circuit boards and chips right?

Yeah dad used to fix them down to circuit level, but often because of space they'd create a lot of components that only fit certain machines. They'd design specific parts to fit in certain machines. Things like power supplies and amp circuits could be identical components on all machines but space in one machine could dictate one being a completely different shape. So getting specific parts when not in the industry was a prick of a job at times.

Yeah dad used to fix them down to circuit level, but often because of space they'd create a lot of components that only fit certain machines. They'd design specific parts to fit in certain machines. Things like power supplies and amp circuits could be identical components on all machines but space in one machine could dictate one being a completely different shape. So getting specific parts when not in the industry was a prick of a job at times.
I wonder how many they even make of something like that. That must make it even harder when it's a novelty machine.

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
I wonder how many they even make of something like that. That must make it even harder when it's a novelty machine.

Companies like Bally and the like use as many parts identical parts as they can but with all the ramps, ball chambers, ball holders etc these days which have to go under the playing field it does make it difficult for every part to be the same.