The what's going on in Thrash thread

Apparently the Ozzy tour has been cancelled. Given he was headlining I assume thing means the entire show is cancelled and that Megadeth have some time up their sleeves. New album maybe?

Reactions: redfly
Apparently the Ozzy tour has been cancelled. Given he was headlining I assume thing means the entire show is cancelled and that Megadeth have some time up their sleeves. New album maybe?
Aww shit man, that's no good. I mean, good that they'll have time and hopefully use it for the album. But in general no good.

Reactions: Slammed
Aww shit man, that's no good. I mean, good that they'll have time and hopefully use it for the album. But in general no good.

They are suggesting that Ozzy's illness is related to complications with his 2003 ATV accident. He could be in worse condition than the world knows.

Sadly I don't think it will mean much to Megadeth....album wise

Could you imagine how broke you'd be if you were a die hard Slayer and KISS fan?
Oh man I'd be super broke! I would love to get some of that stuff anyway. Speaking of merch my friend ( their old webmaster) in Germany went to see Flotsam. She said they were really good and that the new drummer gels really well with them. But she also said they had like nothing for merch same as always. While Overkill had tons of cool stuff. Some things never change :cry::yell:.

They are suggesting that Ozzy's illness is related to complications with his 2003 ATV accident. He could be in worse condition than the world knows.

Sadly I don't think it will mean much to Megadeth....album wise
Yeah I saw that about the old accident. Gotta be careful on those things. People treat them like toys but they definitely need to be respected.

Well I hope it speeds up the process. Not sure the last time they went this long in between albums.

Oh man I'd be super broke! I would love to get some of that stuff anyway. Speaking of merch my friend ( their old webmaster) in Germany went to see Flotsam. She said they were really good and that the new drummer gels really well with them. But she also said they had like nothing for merch same as always. While Overkill had tons of cool stuff. Some things never change :cry::yell:.

It would interesting to see who that comes down to, the band/management not organising it or a lack of promotions people at the label, or something else. Obviously the band and their management have to give approval to stuff sold, but it's the job of promotions people to make the shit to sell. If the merchandise is lacking either they haven't found a market it for it or someone is not doing their role. I know there has been a lot of complaints about gigs down here not having great merchandise and that it's getting more expensive to buy even shirts where as many local bands have a good range of cheaper merchandise.

I wonder if some international acts here cut costs but not bring large bundles of merchandise with them, especially when they are playing smaller venues and only doing a few gigs. Overkill could easily afford a good merchandise stand at any gig, maybe F&J know the return on their stuff is just not large enough to take everything all around the world.