The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah I saw that about the old accident. Gotta be careful on those things. People treat them like toys but they definitely need to be respected.

Well I hope it speeds up the process. Not sure the last time they went this long in between albums.

Yeah when we were kids on the farm we treated them like toys, we had plenty of silly accidents and incidents but nothing bad enough to be hospitalised, I knew plenty of kids who did though. I'm guess I'm not surprised that Ozzy is having complications, he wasn't exactly young when he had the accident and even rich people have complications from surgeries I guess I am a little surprised about how long it took though. However we may not have heard about every time this problem has flared up for him either so it might not be something new.

I suppose Dave doesn't see it as that long because of all the rereleases and the Warheads album but you're right he seems to be going for a record.

Reactions: redfly
It would interesting to see who that comes down to, the band/management not organising it or a lack of promotions people at the label, or something else. Obviously the band and their management have to give approval to stuff sold, but it's the job of promotions people to make the shit to sell. If the merchandise is lacking either they haven't found a market it for it or someone is not doing their role. I know there has been a lot of complaints about gigs down here not having great merchandise and that it's getting more expensive to buy even shirts where as many local bands have a good range of cheaper merchandise.

I wonder if some international acts here cut costs but not bring large bundles of merchandise with them, especially when they are playing smaller venues and only doing a few gigs. Overkill could easily afford a good merchandise stand at any gig, maybe F&J know the return on their stuff is just not large enough to take everything all around the world.
Yeah that really is a mixed bag. I think all of that is feasible. The band does have a history of making bad and a bit shortsighted decisions. As they say, you have to spend money to make money. I think they should give it a good shot especially in Germany. Make a one time investment and sell it till it's gone and just see how it goes. They are touring a lot more now and reconnecting with the scene. I think it would pay off to step the merch up from the weekend warrior level. Because it really seems like the more you put out there you more return you get fan wise.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah when we were kids on the farm we treated them like toys, we had plenty of silly accidents and incidents but nothing bad enough to be hospitalised, I knew plenty of kids who did though. I'm guess I'm not surprised that Ozzy is having complications, he wasn't exactly young when he had the accident and even rich people have complications from surgeries I guess I am a little surprised about how long it took though. However we may not have heard about every time this problem has flared up for him either so it might not be something new.

I suppose Dave doesn't see it as that long because of all the rereleases and the Warheads album but you're right he seems to be going for a record.
I guess we have to look on the positive side. Ozzy could easily have been dead decades ago!

Haha yeah he really seems like he's getting a big chuckle out of this greatest hits for some reason.

Yeah that really is a mixed bag. I think all of that is feasible. The band does have a history of making bad and a bit shortsighted decisions. As they say, you have to spend money to make money. I think they should give it a good shot especially in Germany. Make a one time investment and sell it till it's gone and just see how it goes. They are touring a lot more now and reconnecting with the scene. I think it would pay off to step the merch up from the weekend warrior level. Because it really seems like the more you put out there you more return you get fan wise.

Maybe they have a Aussie merchandising company who charges $50 a shirt and they can't sell anything so they just gave up.

I guess we have to look on the positive side. Ozzy could easily have been dead decades ago!

Haha yeah he really seems like he's getting a big chuckle out of this greatest hits for some reason.

Looking at what he did in the early days I think he was probably lucky to make it decades :)

Maybe he's going senile and loopy in his old age.

I was shocked to hear guys going to see international acts here and they were happy to pay $50 for a t-shirt.
The only way I could possibly justify that even if I was in a far off country is if it was a kick ass long sleeve shirt or Hoodie. And that would still be pushing it for a long sleeve...I know you don't do hoodies lol.

The only way I could possibly justify that even if I was in a far off country is if it was a kick ass long sleeve shirt or Hoodie. And that would still be pushing it for a long sleeve...I know you don't do hoodies lol.

Yeah I can't figure out why these idiots think it's a bargain. I know it says tour and they can say they went to the gig but I see a shit load more value in a tour guide/book full of photos for $50 than I do a t-shirt, even then I'd be thinking hard about how much I wanted it. But at least a tour book lasts. I still know where my RIP and Fear Of The Dark tour books are and they are in perfect condition not like the t-shirts from the same gigs.

Yeah I can't figure out why these idiots think it's a bargain. I know it says tour and they can say they went to the gig but I see a shit load more value in a tour guide/book full of photos for $50 than I do a t-shirt, even then I'd be thinking hard about how much I wanted it. But at least a tour book lasts. I still know where my RIP and Fear Of The Dark tour books are and they are in perfect condition not like the t-shirts from the same gigs.
Yeah I would definitely take a tour book for $50 instead, I don't really see those online.