The what's going on in Thrash thread

Dave was pretty excited to announce this gig but I just saw it as another thing to take them out of the studio. However I was just bored and waiting for Windows to do some updates and I was looking at it a bit closer. Apart from not being sure how Megadeth fit with the main names on the list check out some of the other names way down the list, I don't think they fit with a whole bunch, lucky it's a multiple stage event.

Bad Religion, Uncle Acid and the Dead Beats, Deafheaven, Fu Manchu, Carcass, Old Man Gloom, The Obsessed, Led Zeppelin II (WTF?). I can't see any of these bands fitting in with a diehard 'deth crowd. About the only bands I think Megadeth fit with is Vio-lence (which are way down the list) and Power Trip.

57305982_10155938386647330_2495586353589256192_n.jpg

Reactions: redfly
Dave was pretty excited to announce this gig but I just saw it as another thing to take them out of the studio. However I was just bored and waiting for Windows to do some updates and I was looking at it a bit closer. Apart from not being sure how Megadeth fit with the main names on the list check out some of the other names way down the list, I don't think they fit with a whole bunch, lucky it's a multiple stage event.

Bad Religion, Uncle Acid and the Dead Beats, Deafheaven, Fu Manchu, Carcass, Old Man Gloom, The Obsessed, Led Zeppelin II (WTF?). I can't see any of these bands fitting in with a diehard 'deth crowd. About the only bands I think Megadeth fit with is Vio-lence (which are way down the list) and Power Trip.

57305982_10155938386647330_2495586353589256192_n.jpg
I don't know all these bands but I know many of them, and I agree it's a very eclectic line up. I can't believe how far down Vio-Lence is. Megadeth would be better off working on the album! I mean really what the F is going on? Dave doesn't usually let anything distract him from a new album.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Going by the artwork I kind of expect bands like Uncle Acid etc because it looks a bit like a hippy festival and some of the doom bands fit that bill but of the bands I do know there is no where near enough thrash to make sense that Megadeth is headlining.

It does seem strange that so much has distracted Dave this time. I'd consider a few months to be just another one of those things but it's been at least 18 months now that's getting beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
April 26 Atrophy are re-releasing their original demo (remastered I think) with four bonus live tracks. It's progress towards a new album :)

I hope to preview it before buying, I don't want to buy it if it's just another re-recorded demo from the 80's that is probably available on YT somewhere. But I am keen for the new album, there hasn't been much news on it although they are still working on it for a release this year.

I remember reading about a guy here in Oz with a bullet in his back. The docs claimed it was too risky to move because he wasn't paralysed but about 10 years after his surgery he had a fall that dislodged the bullet and they had no choice but to go in and get it. I suppose there are times you would forget the thing is there but I'm sure the reminder in always there somewhere.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Looks like their backdrop forgot to arrive, the back wall looks too bare!

That crowd is pretty excited, throughout Eternal Nightmare there is more feet in the air than hands. The band seems to have come back fairly tight and they don't sound too bad.
Yeah lol they do need one!

Looks like everything went pretty well. They sound good and good crowd. Hope an album comes of this.

I remember reading about a guy here in Oz with a bullet in his back. The docs claimed it was too risky to move because he wasn't paralysed but about 10 years after his surgery he had a fall that dislodged the bullet and they had no choice but to go in and get it. I suppose there are times you would forget the thing is there but I'm sure the reminder in always there somewhere.
Yeah especially when you're paralyzed from the chest down! People are fucking scum.

Yeah lol they do need one!

Looks like everything went pretty well. They sound good and good crowd. Hope an album comes of this.

I think they've said they are working on it, I seem to remember an article recently saying they'd singed to one of the labels.

Yeah especially when you're paralyzed from the chest down! People are fucking scum.

Yeah it's a strange world we live in. So many countries at the moment cite our gun laws as something to be proud of yet we've had six fatal shootings in six weeks. They aren't mass shooting and only kill one or two at a time but it's happening. On Saturday night there was a drive by at a city night club and three security and one bystander were shot with at least one dead and the other three in critical condition. The people who think this sort of shit is the only way to deal with problems are fucked in the head.

I think I have now seen about a dozen of these 'invites'. Blabber with Tom Hunting today, Exodus with Zetro on the weekend, Jnr did one, Chuck Billy did one. I know the idea is to get the word out there but I really think it's a big effort for a couple of gigs that only a small handful of the people who see the ad will be able to take advantage of.

Yeah it's a strange world we live in. So many countries at the moment cite our gun laws as something to be proud of yet we've had six fatal shootings in six weeks. They aren't mass shooting and only kill one or two at a time but it's happening. On Saturday night there was a drive by at a city night club and three security and one bystander were shot with at least one dead and the other three in critical condition. The people who think this sort of shit is the only way to deal with problems are fucked in the head.
Seriously, I couldn't even imagine being one of those people that thinks it's ok to shoot someone to get what I want or solve some petty shit.

Reactions: Slammed
I think I have now seen about a dozen of these 'invites'. Blabber with Tom Hunting today, Exodus with Zetro on the weekend, Jnr did one, Chuck Billy did one. I know the idea is to get the word out there but I really think it's a big effort for a couple of gigs that only a small handful of the people who see the ad will be able to take advantage of.
You're right! They should add more shows! :)

Reactions: Slammed
Seriously, I couldn't even imagine being one of those people that thinks it's ok to shoot someone to get what I want or solve some petty shit.

I agree. It's a hell of a long way from "hey I don't agree with you", to "I'm going to shoot you". It's even stranger than two people on the street do it and it's a crime, two politicians do it and it's allowable, almost acceptable.