The what's going on in Thrash thread

I'm just hoping it won't be more rock. Nothing wrong with that but I want to hear him really play something challenging.

He's got some reasonable pedigree outside Megadeth. Temple of Brutality was fucking heavy, but A&A really was the only thing he's really done that's been rock.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah the word anger or aggressive with an asterisk makes me leery.

Edit: Kirk needs to ditch the yoga and hang out with Holt more.

The thing that annoys me about the Anthrax album is that it seems that's all we are hearing about it. There is dribbles of information but it's very small dribbles. That's how Megadeth started back in 2017.

Kirk needs to get a new band and get away from Lars to prove he can still metal it up.

Since Neptune mentioned them in the SNG thread yesterday I thought I would go back and have a listen to Fatal Opera again (both albums are on YT). I knew about the band and who was in it and I thought I'd heard the albums before, but going by what's on YT I hadn't because none of it rings any bells with me. Anyway, it's an interesting mix of songs, the vocals are probably my least favourite part but I don't hate them. However the music is all kinds of weird and cool.

Reactions: Neptune
Maybe JB doesn't get paid enough as the last man in.

Want to take a Drum Lesson with Jason on this next tour??

DRUM LESSONS will be available on the Overkill "Wings of War" US tour which starts 4/25 - please email me at jblessons@aol.com or direct message me (at my personal page) for all details......lessons will be given on a practice pad kit in the dressing room between the hours of 1 and 4 pm based on each day's schedule! I hope to see some new students out there, and possibly connect with some old ones as well.

Dates are below..........OVERKILL WINGS OVER THE US

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
We've heard about dropboxes and information being shipped around the place because they aren't in the same country. We know Jnr spent a lot of time with MA and A&A as well as writing a book. Both Dirk and Kiko had solo things. I would have thought there was something in the contracts that gave Megadeth priority but maybe they wasn't. However it's definitely looking like this has been planned.
I feel like the places he's talking about aren't super far. Half the band is in the same place. There probably is something about MD being the priority. But not when it's Dave that want's to do other things. The other guys are free when Dave is ready...I'd imagine.

Reactions: Slammed
Maybe JB doesn't get paid enough as the last man in.

Want to take a Drum Lesson with Jason on this next tour??

DRUM LESSONS will be available on the Overkill "Wings of War" US tour which starts 4/25 - please email me at jblessons@aol.com or direct message me (at my personal page) for all details......lessons will be given on a practice pad kit in the dressing room between the hours of 1 and 4 pm based on each day's schedule! I hope to see some new students out there, and possibly connect with some old ones as well.

Dates are below..........OVERKILL WINGS OVER THE US
Yeah maybe not lol. I wouldn't think the other guys would want the room clogged up.

I feel like the places he's talking about aren't super far. Half the band is in the same place. There probably is something about MD being the priority. But not when it's Dave that want's to do other things. The other guys are free when Dave is ready...I'd imagine.

I don't know what kind of distances they are talking about really but isn't Dirk living in Europe somewhere? Not that distance should be a huge excuse if you have the ability to share things over the internet. There was a power metal band from Europe (I can't remember the name) where none of the seven members and ever met yet they still produced several albums.

Maybe Dave wants us all to forget about Dystopia, it was a big album by Megadeth's standards and it will be difficult to follow up, if we all forget about it he doesn't have to write a follow up just another album :)

But how long ago is the stuff that isn't AA? Is it all when he wasn't in Megadeth? I want something new.

F5 was 2005 and 2008. Temple of Brutality was 2006. Killing Machine was 2005. Knight Fury was 2010. Angels Of Babylon was 2010. He also did a lot of guests appearances at the time. So it was between Hero and Thirteen, not new but not that old either. Whether the new album is heavy or not remains to be seen at the moment but he does have a pedigree to make it heavy given that most of what he's done is heavy and not like A&A

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/doug-aldrich-says-he-almost-auditioned-for-megadeth/

I guess it's all in the way one reads between the lines. Dave could have been ringing to tell the guy he had a shit but in this version because Jeff had left he was obviously ringing to invite Doug into the band but he lost his nerve at the last minute and couldn't ask the question so he hung up :)

But it will be funny if Dave ever hears the interview!

I don't know what kind of distances they are talking about really but isn't Dirk living in Europe somewhere? Not that distance should be a huge excuse if you have the ability to share things over the internet. There was a power metal band from Europe (I can't remember the name) where none of the seven members and ever met yet they still produced several albums.

Maybe Dave wants us all to forget about Dystopia, it was a big album by Megadeth's standards and it will be difficult to follow up, if we all forget about it he doesn't have to write a follow up just another album :)
I thought so too, but Jr says both Dirk and Kiko are in LA. But yeah it shouldn't matter with the internet. But also they have the money to fly and you can get from one coast to the other here in like 7 hours. They could all meet at Dave's in Tennessee in even less time. It just seems like it's Dave and he has other things he want's to do.(they aren't going to wait for anyone else's schedule lol) What's really puzzling me is why he want's to wait so long? Why create so many projects? He's usually a capture the fire kind of guy and he seemed so excited to take the energy from the road with this line up and get in the studio and make an album.
Ah well, it just sucks.
Maybe you're right, Dave's got performance anxiety! :tickled:

I thought so too, but Jr says both Dirk and Kiko are in LA. But yeah it shouldn't matter with the internet. But also they have the money to fly and you can get from one coast to the other here in like 7 hours. They could all meet at Dave's in Tennessee in even less time. It just seems like it's Dave and he has other things he want's to do.(they aren't going to wait for anyone else's schedule lol) What's really puzzling me is why he want's to wait so long? Why create so many projects? He's usually a capture the fire kind of guy and he seemed so excited to take the energy from the road with this line up and get in the studio and make an album.
Ah well, it just sucks.
Maybe you're right, Dave's got performance anxiety! :tickled:

Oh I thought Dave was making excuses or Dirk because he spent so much time at home in Europe. Maybe Dave and David aren't talk and hey can't get their stories right :)

I can imagine Kiko saying to Dave, "sorry can't do studio time this week I've got some gigs in Spain. Shall we try for studio time next year?"

I'm not suggesting Dave is a bad father but he moved down to cow country for his daughters C&W career, yet he seems to be doing very little to help her because every other day he's throwing another project out there. He's definitely been keeping busy but so little of it is to do with Megadeth or the daughter he moved down there for.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/doug-aldrich-says-he-almost-auditioned-for-megadeth/

I guess it's all in the way one reads between the lines. Dave could have been ringing to tell the guy he had a shit but in this version because Jeff had left he was obviously ringing to invite Doug into the band but he lost his nerve at the last minute and couldn't ask the question so he hung up :)

But it will be funny if Dave ever hears the interview!
First I'd like to say "icon" of the 80's hard rock scene might be a stretch. I don't think I've heard of any of the bands mentioned except for House Of Lords and they were lame as hell. If he's friends with them, how has he never asked Dave?! I sure would have, I'd be too curious lol.
It was probably Dave reading the list of bands the guy did as he was dialing and his first reaction was - oh shit! - and hung up.

Oh I thought Dave was making excuses or Dirk because he spent so much time at home in Europe. Maybe Dave and David aren't talk and hey can't get their stories right :)

I can imagine Kiko saying to Dave, "sorry can't do studio time this week I've got some gigs in Spain. Shall we try for studio time next year?"

I'm not suggesting Dave is a bad father but he moved down to cow country for his daughters C&W career, yet he seems to be doing very little to help her because every other day he's throwing another project out there. He's definitely been keeping busy but so little of it is to do with Megadeth or the daughter he moved down there for.
The last thing I heard of her was before Dystopia came out lol. I wonder if she's still trying. Dave gave up!

First I'd like to say "icon" of the 80's hard rock scene might be a stretch. I don't think I've heard of any of the bands mentioned except for House Of Lords and they were lame as hell. If he's friends with them, how has he never asked Dave?! I sure would have, I'd be too curious lol.
It was probably Dave reading the list of bands the guy did as he was dialing and his first reaction was - oh shit! - and hung up.

I think it's funny how these stories come up after so long. Despite not doing much I've been interested in I've seen Doug's name come up on the news sites for many years and he chooses now to come up with a story form 89? He chooses an interview to talk about something he's never spoken to a 'friend' about? Yeah something doesn't add up. It's like the article on Jake E Lee where he claims Ozzy and Nikki never snorted ants. Why the fuck bring it up now? Sure he just watched the movie but the story has been around for years and he's never chosen to debunk it until now. What's more he's debunking some thing no one gives a fuck about and people long ago stopped trying to prove or disprove.

Moon was cool drummer :headbang:

He was such a weird drummer, not just because he was either stoned or drunk off his head 90% of the time but because his style was so different to other drummers. Add that to the whacked out mind of Pete Townshend, the strangeness of John Entwhistle who thought the bass was the only instrument in the band, it's surprising anyone remembers The Who had a singer :)