The what's going on in Thrash thread

The last thing I heard of her was before Dystopia came out lol. I wonder if she's still trying. Dave gave up!

I think I remember last year there was an article about her getting a single or album out, about the same time Jnr's label was singing country bands, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: redfly
I think it's funny how these stories come up after so long. Despite not doing much I've been interested in I've seen Doug's name come up on the news sites for many years and he chooses now to come up with a story form 89? He chooses an interview to talk about something he's never spoken to a 'friend' about? Yeah something doesn't add up. It's like the article on Jake E Lee where he claims Ozzy and Nikki never snorted ants. Why the fuck bring it up now? Sure he just watched the movie but the story has been around for years and he's never chosen to debunk it until now. What's more he's debunking some thing no one gives a fuck about and people long ago stopped trying to prove or disprove.
Yeah both of these cases are weird as hell, especially Doug's, just outta 89. The funniest thing about the Jake articles now are the commenters. I'm not sure when Jake become the epidemy of gospel but it sure seems that way lol.
They take every word he says as if he's letting them in on some great truth everyone else was trying to keep from them...and yeah who cares? The guy was silent for 30 years and now he's the dirt dishing truth sayer :lol:.

Reactions: Slammed
He was such a weird drummer, not just because he was either stoned or drunk off his head 90% of the time but because his style was so different to other drummers. Add that to the whacked out mind of Pete Townshend, the strangeness of John Entwhistle who thought the bass was the only instrument in the band, it's surprising anyone remembers The Who had a singer :)
Yeah I always liked the spontaneity of his playing. Good band that singer had!

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah both of these cases are weird as hell, especially Doug's, just outta 89. The funniest thing about the Jake articles now are the commenters. I'm not sure when Jake become the epidemy of gospel but it sure seems that way lol.
They take every word he says as if he's letting them in on some great truth everyone else was trying to keep from them...and yeah who cares? The guy was silent for 30 years and now he's the dirt dishing truth sayer :lol:.

I think Doug's just trying to get attention with something mildly relevant. He's opened it up for some numpty reporter to ask Dave what happened which in turn opens him up for another interview especially if Dave does as Dave so often has and says something silly.

Jake on the other hand really just seems like he's looking for attention. As one of the commentors said, he's the guy who tells an 8 yr old that Santa doesn't exist. No one really gives a fuck if those two snorted ants and I'm sure there is real medical experts (as opposed to Blabber medical experts) who can tell the world how live ants would effect the nasal cavities, but no one really gives a fuck because it's just a rock and roll myth. But Jake gives enough of a fuck to come out and tell the world how he knows better than anyone because he was there and he was straight. He sounds like the non-drinker who sits in the corner of the room taking notes to embarrass everyone at a party, only he takes thirty years to remember he took the notes.

Yeah I always liked the spontaneity of his playing. Good band that singer had!

It was interesting reading Roger's words, he really didn't have anything bad to say about the band members and part of it could have been trying to suggest he always took the high road, but most of it came off as a true brotherhood. He didn't deny there was hard times and silly times and times that should not have happened but other than the influence of drugs and alcohol he didn't blame anyone in the band for the problems. There was some great Moon stories in the book, Pete and John no so much because they were very introverted but even that Roger never mentioned in a bad way.

It was interesting reading Roger's words, he really didn't have anything bad to say about the band members and part of it could have been trying to suggest he always took the high road, but most of it came off as a true brotherhood. He didn't deny there was hard times and silly times and times that should not have happened but other than the influence of drugs and alcohol he didn't blame anyone in the band for the problems. There was some great Moon stories in the book, Pete and John no so much because they were very introverted but even that Roger never mentioned in a bad way.
I should check that out. Those were interesting times for music.

Hahaha! that might be the best description ever :)

Yeah watch the interviews with Doug start rolling in.

The funny thing about Jake is he looks like the old hippy dope smoker who just woke up after a 30 year trip.

Funnily enough I don't feel compelled to listen to any of Doug's music just because he was never going to be in Megadeth.

I don't hate the Beatles but I'm also not a fan, however this is an interesting cover.

Still don't know why I don't remember hearing all of the two Fatal Opera albums but they are interesting.