The what's going on in Thrash thread

Son of a bitch! What the F! I'm not reading one more damn thing from them for the rest of the year.:mad:

www.blabbermouth.net/news/david-ellefson-no-new-megadeth-album-before-2020/

I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised given that none of the articles ever seem to have any progress on them. However what pisses me off is that it seems like this has always been the plan. I realise I'm reading a bit between the lines but he says they shut down at the end of 2017 with the intention of using 2018 to write and record. But we've known since early 2018 that they weren't doing that, Dave made plenty of comments that he was focusing on the 35th stuff for all of 2018, then came the best of album. We also know that he spent from the middle of 2018 telling everyone about the dates Megadeth were playing, the tours, the cruises and all the solo stuff. Like I say I'm reading between the lines a bit but I really think this has been planned and they have been leading us on rather than just telling everyone it was going to be four years between albums.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Metal Injection are running the headline

Kirk Hammett Has A "Ton Of Material" For A New METALLICA Record

with the byline

Assuming he doesn't lose it again.

Blabber are running with this one

ANTHRAX Bassist On Upcoming Album: 'There's Some Anger There'

I'm not clicking on either :)

Last edited:
Metal injection are also suggesting the new Ellefson solo album (released a week before the book) is 'surprisingly hardcore'. Not sure what that is supposed to mean but looking at the songs on it I'm thinking it might be closer to mediocre but I am happy to be proven wrong when it comes out.

I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised given that none of the articles ever seem to have any progress on them. However what pisses me off is that it seems like this has always been the plan. I realise I'm reading a bit between the lines but he says they shut down at the end of 2017 with the intention of using 2018 to write and record. But we've known since early 2018 that they weren't doing that, Dave made plenty of comments that he was focusing on the 35th stuff for all of 2018, then came the best of album. We also know that he spent from the middle of 2018 telling everyone about the dates Megadeth were playing, the tours, the cruises and all the solo stuff. Like I say I'm reading between the lines a bit but I really think this has been planned and they have been leading us on rather than just telling everyone it was going to be four years between albums.
Leading us right by our noses! Well no more! STRIKE!

Reactions: Slammed
Metal injection are also suggesting the new Ellefson solo album (released a week before the book) is 'surprisingly hardcore'. Not sure what that is supposed to mean but looking at the songs on it I'm thinking it might be closer to mediocre but I am happy to be proven wrong when it comes out.
Here's to hoping!

Metal Injection are running the headline

Kirk Hammett Has A "Ton Of Material" For A New METALLICA Record

with the byline

Assuming he doesn't lose it again.

Blabber are running with this one

ANTHRAX Bassist On Upcoming Album: 'There's Some Anger There'

I'm not clicking on either :)
Do you really need to come prepared when all you do is shit out a wah pedal?

Same ole news from Anthrax...and my same ole answer.Heard it before but I hope it comes through!

Leading us right by our noses! Well no more! STRIKE!

I'm sure we'll never know the 'truth' but if they did have that plan from the start it does make one wonder why they thought they had to deceive the fans by continually suggesting the album was coming.

Reactions: redfly
Here's to hoping!

It's not an album I'm overly excited about. I'll give it a listen and I may even buy it but I don't like every person on the album so it's going to be one of those albums I don't mind waiting for. His book is another one I'll be happy to wait for, hopefully after 12 months it will drop in price like the first one did.

Do you really need to come prepared when all you do is shit out a wah pedal?

Same ole news from Anthrax...and my same ole answer.Heard it before but I hope it comes through!

Kirk needs to learn not to loose his phone before he worries about how well he plays his instrument.

The word aggressive or anger keeps coming up with Anthrax but I notice that as time goes on the wording gets a more open ended. When it started Charlie was saying the new songs were all aggressive, Now Frank is saying 'some anger'. They need to get the album out before it becomes a mildly upset pop album :)

I'm sure we'll never know the 'truth' but if they did have that plan from the start it does make one wonder why they thought they had to deceive the fans by continually suggesting the album was coming.
Yeah it almost seems like something weird is going on behind the scenes. Maybe with the label?

It's not an album I'm overly excited about. I'll give it a listen and I may even buy it but I don't like every person on the album so it's going to be one of those albums I don't mind waiting for. His book is another one I'll be happy to wait for, hopefully after 12 months it will drop in price like the first one did.
I'm just hoping it won't be more rock. Nothing wrong with that but I want to hear him really play something challenging.

Kirk needs to learn not to loose his phone before he worries about how well he plays his instrument.

The word aggressive or anger keeps coming up with Anthrax but I notice that as time goes on the wording gets a more open ended. When it started Charlie was saying the new songs were all aggressive, Now Frank is saying 'some anger'. They need to get the album out before it becomes a mildly upset pop album :)
Yeah the word anger or aggressive with an asterisk makes me leery.

Edit: Kirk needs to ditch the yoga and hang out with Holt more.

Yeah it almost seems like something weird is going on behind the scenes. Maybe with the label?

We've heard about dropboxes and information being shipped around the place because they aren't in the same country. We know Jnr spent a lot of time with MA and A&A as well as writing a book. Both Dirk and Kiko had solo things. I would have thought there was something in the contracts that gave Megadeth priority but maybe they wasn't. However it's definitely looking like this has been planned.