The what's going on in Thrash thread

Pretty much. He had some time off in the 90's (although the whole band might have had that hiatus) but he's sung on every album.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah Rob (the singer) is listed as singer up to 91 then not again until 2001. The next album didn't come out until 04. I don't know of that whole time was hiatus or if anyone quit, but they did take a break.

And so they should have got day jobs like the rest of us! I think at least one of them was only about 16 when their first album broke, they didn't have the opportunity to get a crappy job with a crappy boss that they hated, everyone should have that chance :)

Yeah Mark is the original singer,and I hear ya about his delivery and overall vocals but it doesn’t kill it for me though as the band really is good!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Surely not all the songs can be like that though. I read an interview yesterday where one of the guys talked about the band being old school and everything about them being old school and that's why they keep choosing the current producer because he's new school with new tech and that brings out something better in their music. I'm not going to disagree with him but metalcore is not old school so if there are metalcore elements in that track with the wolves hopefully that's that only place they are an the rest of the album is old school.

Yeah Mark is the original singer,and I hear ya about his delivery and overall vocals but it doesn’t kill it for me though as the band really is good!
Yeah I've got no issue with the band at all! If I could put together the songs that maybe don't have that vocal delivery I'd be very satisfied.
Does the old stuff have that vocal delivery? Anyone?

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Surely not all the songs can be like that though. I read an interview yesterday where one of the guys talked about the band being old school and everything about them being old school and that's why they keep choosing the current producer because he's new school with new tech and that brings out something better in their music. I'm not going to disagree with him but metalcore is not old school so if there are metalcore elements in that track with the wolves hopefully that's that only place they are an the rest of the album is old school.
No metalcore ( I feel dirty just typing the word ) is not old school at all. It's the metal equivalent of the short bus. Or is that screamo? Or are they the same thing? Lol.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah I've got no issue with the band at all! If I could put together the songs that maybe don't have that vocal delivery I'd be very satisfied.
Does the old stuff have that vocal delivery? Anyone?

I don't believe so, definitely the pre-hiatus albums don't. I think if it would have been more prevalent on other albums, especially the last one I would have noticed it. I don't remember disliking the last album although it's been a while sine I listened to it.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
No metalcore ( I feel dirty just typing the word ) is not old school at all. It's the metal equivalent of the short bus. Or is that screamo? Or are they the same thing? Lol.

I don't know what it what these days but I definitely feel that the newest song and the vocal delivery are not in their older recordings, therefore I'll go along with his 'old school' idea and give the new album a listen when it arrives.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly