The what's going on in Thrash thread

I think you hit the nail on the head Slammed,they may be targeting a younger audience to a degree.......Album sales?!!!
I think it'd be a mistake to go for that audience. Metal is coming back around and I feel like there is going to big call for the real old school shit. And if the original bands stick to it and deliver there's really going to pay off. at least in respect. 50 years and past from now the old school bands will be considered the golden age.
I think of all the bands Exodus sees that and is planning for it the most. they've been getting their legacy ready.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
While I'm on recommendations try these guys.

520_negativeselfstlp_bg.jpg

If you haven't heard of them the picture should give you and idea what other band they sound like.
Suicidal! Gonna check it!

Reactions: Slammed
I think it'd be a mistake to go for that audience. Metal is coming back around and I feel like there is going to big call for the real old school shit. And if the original bands stick to it and deliver there's really going to pay off. at least in respect. 50 years and past from now the old school bands will be considered the golden age.
I think of all the bands Exodus sees that and is planning for it the most. they've been getting their legacy ready.

I don't think they are aiming specifically for the market. They might well be trying to get a wider audience but I still think the new album is going to be a worthy addition to their catalogue.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Yeah I'm not saying they are because I don't know lol. I just hope they won't.

I still haven't re-listened to the first track to check the vox on it, but I don't think I'd have been keen to listen to the second track if it was metalcore-ish. I'm not sure about the comments relating to the producer being new school and having all the tech whiz bangery to make enough of a difference to appeal to old and new fans but I suppose if they are going to a wider audience I can't blame them, but I don't have to like it.

Pretty cool, hard to imagine someone could do Suicidal Tendencies besides them!

There are times when you could swear it's Mike doing the singing it's that close. The second album isn't quite the Suicidal worship the first one is but it's still unmistakable.

I still haven't re-listened to the first track to check the vox on it, but I don't think I'd have been keen to listen to the second track if it was metalcore-ish. I'm not sure about the comments relating to the producer being new school and having all the tech whiz bangery to make enough of a difference to appeal to old and new fans but I suppose if they are going to a wider audience I can't blame them, but I don't have to like it.
Haha same here. Just stay true and the people will come :headbang:

That's fucking crazy ! You wouldn't think someone could pull that off without looking silly lol. Pretty cool.

He might still look silly, I haven't seen recent pics :) I don't even know how I came across the band in the first place but I remember listening to the first album when it came out and thinking that if ST weren't going to release stuff then I'd found a substitute.

I've given up on the 20 somethings now, but I have hope for the next gen that's gonna think those people right before them suck lol.

Haha Yeah I kind of agree with that. I've just finished making a site for my niece and while I don't need praise and I don't encourage it it's fucking near impossible to get a decent answer out of her as to whether she likes it enough to keep it that way or wants something changed because she doesn't like it. I think I lost her when her dad made her listen to Nickleback, but I knew I'd lost her when she started listening to Bring Me the Horizon and Breaking Benjamin.

Haha Yeah I kind of agree with that. I've just finished making a site for my niece and while I don't need praise and I don't encourage it it's fucking near impossible to get a decent answer out of her as to whether she likes it enough to keep it that way or wants something changed because she doesn't like it. I think I lost her when her dad made her listen to Nickleback, but I knew I'd lost her when she started listening to Bring Me the Horizon and Breaking Benjamin.
Doh! My nephews are great, two of them are in college now. But I doubt they know any metal and two are German lol.