The what's going on in Thrash thread

Doh! My nephews are great, two of them are in college now. But I doubt they know any metal and two are German lol.

My nieces are 19 and figuring out what they want to do with life but one is more into pop music than anything else with the other one is into the newer metal bands. The one saving grace is that she's now decided Screamo is shit.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Yeah if only I could get her to listen to better metal :) But I suppose as a kid I wouldn't have listened to my uncle if he told me what music was good.

I was a relative late comer to Heathen and that album is a great album, not sure they should have released the Evolution Of Choas though.

Flotsam and Jetsam? Never heard of them before.

Other than a session of listening tonight not really.In full swing with the spring cleaning thing you?Would be cool to see Flotsam and the Kill later this month in upstate New York though!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
There is an album that came out recently, not sure when, by the band Warchest. I've only heard one song so far but if you want some fast listening it appears that's the album covers it. The one song I heard is as fast as anything I've heard released under the speed metal banner recently.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Happy 60th to Bobby

Overkill-Fuck-You-And-Then-Some-CD.jpg

There is an album that came out recently, not sure when, by the band Warchest. I've only heard one song so far but if you want some fast listening it appears that's the album covers it. The one song I heard is as fast as anything I've heard released under the speed metal banner recently.

I'll respond to myself here. The new Warchest album is fucking fast, blistering fast and it's unrelenting, but that's all it is. The vocals are shit, kind of a poor mix between death metal and hardcore but not quiet either and the lyrics have very little substance. I certainly wont be buying it.

Hatriot are playing Star Wars day at some place called Toots Tavern in CA. The other bands aren't bands I know but Hatirot are promising to play new songs so it will be interesting to see if there is any footage come from the show.