The what's going on in Thrash thread

My problem is that I saw the originals and like most people thought they were good. Then when the new ones were announced I was older and more pigheaded and decided it was done as a money spinner and not worthy of seeing. My brain has held me to that thought every since and every time the kids have watched or talked about it I just tune out :)
Well you're right to be skeptical, the only one that's any good out of the second batch of films is the last one and it's only good compared to the two before I think lol. And now it's just the first one they made. The sequel to it kinda blows and so do the stand alone movies.
I can't say they are cash grabs though because he always intended on doing 9 films and I think had at least the basics written. Maybe all of it. The stand alone's probably are cash grabs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slammed
Well you're right to be skeptical, the only one that's any good out of the second batch of films is the last one and it's only good compared to the two before I think lol. And now it's just the first one they made. The sequel to it kinda blows and so do the stand alone movies.
I can't say they are cash grabs though because he always intended on doing 9 films and I think had at least the basics written. Maybe all of it. The stand alone's probably are cash grabs.

I'm still firmly (obnoxiously) in the camp that thinks George Lucas never had the intention of making 9 and it wasn't until he saw massive dollars that he said "Oh yeah and by the way I've got all this other stuff and the first movie is actually number 4". Such thoughts are boosted by the fact that Disney now own it all, but I also accept I'm in a minority with such thoughts.

Reactions: redfly
I'm still firmly (obnoxiously) in the camp that thinks George Lucas never had the intention of making 9 and it wasn't until he saw massive dollars that he said "Oh yeah and by the way I've got all this other stuff and the first movie is actually number 4". Such thoughts are boosted by the fact that Disney now own it all, but I also accept I'm in a minority with such thoughts.
Haha! I would never try to assuage you on that. He first said he waited because he wanted the technology to catch up with what he saw in his head and he put a shitload of money into developing CG with Lucasarts until he thought it was ready for the really awful ones with that Jarjar character...but then he sold to Disney and that for sure was for money. But I'm not sure if Disney has done more damage than he did with the next 6 movies.

Haha! I would never try to assuage you on that. He first said he waited because he wanted the technology to catch up with what he saw in his head and he put a shitload of money into developing CG with Lucasarts until he thought it was ready for the really awful ones with that Jarjar character...but then he sold to Disney and that for sure was for money. But I'm not sure if Disney has done more damage than he did with the next 6 movies.

Yeah I think the guy did wonders with Lucasarts and he deserves the credit but unless he shows me the notes from 1977 I not going to believe him :)

I don't know that Disney has done that much damage yet but I reckon they are going to bleed the crap out of the name and story until there is nothing left. Disney ran out of originality years ago so buying a name like Star Wars has given them an almost unlimited source to play with the same old stories in different places/universes.

It is what it is? :lol:.
Seriously though, stuff is taking forever.

They are touring a bit I guess. According to Scott they still have two stints with Slayer and they have done their own gigs in that time. I think some of these bands are becoming guilty of giving too much information away too quickly. Sure 6 months ago Charlie might have had a few songs and Scott had a few riffs but I expect bands to write some songs while on the road so that's not surprising. However maybe any suggesting that they were close to the studio or close to recording should have been held back until they were actually off the road.

Yeah I think the guy did wonders with Lucasarts and he deserves the credit but unless he shows me the notes from 1977 I not going to believe him :)

I don't know that Disney has done that much damage yet but I reckon they are going to bleed the crap out of the name and story until there is nothing left. Disney ran out of originality years ago so buying a name like Star Wars has given them an almost unlimited source to play with the same old stories in different places/universes.
Yeah between Disney and Marvel they could go forever. Especially Marvel. As long as the movies are good I don't mind. But they're already ruining them with all the SJW crap.

They are touring a bit I guess. According to Scott they still have two stints with Slayer and they have done their own gigs in that time. I think some of these bands are becoming guilty of giving too much information away too quickly. Sure 6 months ago Charlie might have had a few songs and Scott had a few riffs but I expect bands to write some songs while on the road so that's not surprising. However maybe any suggesting that they were close to the studio or close to recording should have been held back until they were actually off the road.
It just blows, Everyone used to do an album every year or two years. Granted bands have to tour more but still.

Yeah between Disney and Marvel they could go forever. Especially Marvel. As long as the movies are good I don't mind. But they're already ruining them with all the SJW crap.

I've seen very few of the Superhero movies too. I tend to ignore the big hyped blockbusters.

I just seem to turn away from hyped movies it's not just Hollywood Superheroes. Everything from Titanic to Transformers I have tended to ignore once they start getting hyped too much. I might see Aquaman one day and I saw Bumblebee but I haven't seen much else.