The what's going on in Thrash thread

LOL! bitter sweet huh?! :)

Yeah a little. I've fixed all the radio mics, I've worked out the set up, got the stage lighting and speakers fixed but I was planning on leaving it at that and walking away. I may still do that, I'm not sure. I've got a few weeks to make up my mind. Of course it could be that I'm just a grumpy old bastard sick of the way the school board operate. The head of the school doesn't make financial decisions, his secretary does. The school claims to be tech savvy and teaching the kids in the age of computers, but all they are really doing is showing them new ways to play games. Nothing gets done at the school because the maintenance guy retired and apparently a school doesn't need maintenance they just need a teacher to mow the grass every few weeks.

Reactions: redfly

Love the light show on the white sheets, looks like what we used to do :)
Looks like a small venue but the crowd seems lazy. Quality isn't too bad, I was quite surprised.

There is a new Zetro video where he's talking to one of the boys from Hatriot. Gotta wonder how a small band like that gets on Zetro's show :)

Yeah a little. I've fixed all the radio mics, I've worked out the set up, got the stage lighting and speakers fixed but I was planning on leaving it at that and walking away. I may still do that, I'm not sure. I've got a few weeks to make up my mind. Of course it could be that I'm just a grumpy old bastard sick of the way the school board operate. The head of the school doesn't make financial decisions, his secretary does. The school claims to be tech savvy and teaching the kids in the age of computers, but all they are really doing is showing them new ways to play games. Nothing gets done at the school because the maintenance guy retired and apparently a school doesn't need maintenance they just need a teacher to mow the grass every few weeks.
Gotta love the bean counters!

Reactions: Slammed
Love the light show on the white sheets, looks like what we used to do :)
Looks like a small venue but the crowd seems lazy. Quality isn't too bad, I was quite surprised.

There is a new Zetro video where he's talking to one of the boys from Hatriot. Gotta wonder how a small band like that gets on Zetro's show :)
Lol, I didn't really look at it just watched. Sounds good :)

Yeah I wonder how he tracked them down? :p

Gotta love the bean counters!

Oh yeah they make the world go round. I understand the need for the species but it really seems like too many of them are only into saving money for their own pet projects rather than what is good for the organisation. I don't think I have ever met a bean counter that didn't have their pet projects that they thought deserved money and attention.

Oh yeah they make the world go round. I understand the need for the species but it really seems like too many of them are only into saving money for their own pet projects rather than what is good for the organisation. I don't think I have ever met a bean counter that didn't have their pet projects that they thought deserved money and attention.
Yeah you'd think a school would be all about the kids lol.

I don't know, I might have heard the name but I'm not positive. Kinda like it though.

Still waiting for a new song lol. I couldn't find anything longer.

Yeah I agree I might have to hunt the web for more info on the band later.

Be patient, you don't want to ruin the surprise when it finally happens :p

I think what happened is Flotsam's backdrop is so big and lavish that they couldn't handle it! :)

Actually it's kind of weird, the back drop actually seems to have more on the floor than it does hanging. Years ago we played some shitty venues like that, we had one stage where the drummer couldn't use overhead cymbals because they hit the roof, any one over 6'3" had to bend over on stage :)

Actually it's kind of weird, the back drop actually seems to have more on the floor than it does hanging. Years ago we played some shitty venues like that, we had one stage where the drummer couldn't use overhead cymbals because they hit the roof, any one over 6'3" had to bend over on stage :)
Oh really? I didn't notice lol.

That's pretty crazy about the cymbals! I'd have been safe on stage though :p

Oh really? I didn't notice lol.

That's pretty crazy about the cymbals! I'd have been safe on stage though :p

I'm pretty sure, although I could be wrong, the beast's head from the album cover can be seen just to the right of the kit. If it is the head it kind of suggests that there is quite a bit of the back drop we can't see.

Edit: actually the beast can be seen at about the same height as the cymbals so there is still some of the back drop hidden but maybe not as much as I first though.

The worst thing about a small stage with no drum riser is nowhere to put your drinks :)

There's a pretty good interview with Blitz on BW about the 30th of Years Of Decay and the 25th of WFO, but I can't post it :cry:

I did see that interview but I didn't have time to read it. Must go back and look at it later.