The what's going on in Thrash thread

I guess to me it would only be annoying if he planned it that way lol. They could always do some cool jam stuff.

I don't think any band is really going to make the effort to do an entire Megatribute but reading what Chuck said suggests is possible. Possible can lead to the wrong things :p

Reactions: redfly
What's with all the hate for Exodus and Gary on blabber? And one poser for Testament. Bunch of total fucking bitches.

I think the hate is for Slayer and therefore directed at Gary for being a part of the money making machine and letting Exodus slip by the wayside while he does it. Some hate for the sake of it, they only live to say something that gets a reaction. But I think many of the stories seem to be against the Slayer/Holt merger more than anything. It's definitely odd, after all who wouldn't take the chance to play in Slayer if they got offered it, but four years and a possible six without an Exodus album and the rabid fans want someone to blame. bloody $layer!!!

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Lol I'm not sure what you mean?

I don't actually think it will turn into a megatribute, but lets face it if one band said they were doing it the chances are another one would try it and another, then suddenly the Megacruise becomes a bunch of known bands paying tribute rather than simply doing gigs. Chuck could, but probably wouldn't, start a revolution by suggesting what he did.

I think the hate is for Slayer and therefore directed at Gary for being a part of the money making machine and letting Exodus slip by the wayside while he does it. Some hate for the sake of it, they only live to say something that gets a reaction. But I think many of the stories seem to be against the Slayer/Holt merger more than anything. It's definitely odd, after all who wouldn't take the chance to play in Slayer if they got offered it, but four years and a possible six without an Exodus album and the rabid fans want someone to blame. bloody $layer!!!
Yeah I'm sure that is definitely part of it as stupid as that is. Slayer deserves their money. But they're shitting on Blood In Blood Out also. And for an even dumber reason that apparently Exodus can't out heavy Napalm Death. Gary didn't say it was going to outdo any other band lol. People are so stupid with their comments. People that shit on Slayer and Exodus and Testament are clueless. They act like they are owed something by these bands.

Reactions: Slammed
I don't actually think it will turn into a megatribute, but lets face it if one band said they were doing it the chances are another one would try it and another, then suddenly the Megacruise becomes a bunch of known bands paying tribute rather than simply doing gigs. Chuck could, but probably wouldn't, start a revolution by suggesting what he did.
I'd imagine other people have said the same thing without knowing Chuck even said that. But you're right, reading this could get that ball rolling. I don't think it will go down that way. But there is a good chance of everyone doing a song or jam as tribute.

Yeah I'm sure that is definitely part of it as stupid as that is. Slayer deserves their money. But they're shitting on Blood In Blood Out also. And for an even dumber reason that apparently Exodus can't out heavy Napalm Death. Gary didn't say it was going to outdo any other band lol. People are so stupid with their comments. People that shit on Slayer and Exodus and Testament are clueless. They act like they are owed something by these bands.

I didn't read the comments about Blood on Blood, but I guess I'm not surprised. It might only take one hater to voice an opinion but it takes three people to tell him how wrong he is and that he is a troll :)

I can't believe anyone actually takes the headline seriously enough to pick on. WTF does music so heavy it should be illegal even mean? I thought it was funny, I thought it was one step further than other bands had been going, but I certainly didn't take it seriously, and trying to compare what he hasn't released to any other band based on such words is ridiculous.

Slayer are the Kiss of the thrash world, they are only in it for the money and people have to hate money driven arseholes who steal other band members. Exodus haven't delivered because Gary's been busy on the money band wagon and therefore he does owe us a bloody album and he owes it NOW! As for Testament they are cheating us, the album is done, give it to us now!!

I'd imagine other people have said the same thing without knowing Chuck even said that. But you're right, reading this could get that ball rolling. I don't think it will go down that way. But there is a good chance of everyone doing a song or jam as tribute.

See now there is others saying it it's a plan and it's going to happen! Mark my words Blabber will be reporting on this tomorrow :p

And because Dave is such an egohead part of the contracts written were that every band pay tribute to him at least once in a set. Those contracts are being re-written now by Father Jnr and it's now three songs a set. Chuck put down a challenge to all bands that he's going a full set and the competition is on. :p

I didn't read the comments about Blood on Blood, but I guess I'm not surprised. It might only take one hater to voice an opinion but it takes three people to tell him how wrong he is and that he is a troll :)

I can't believe anyone actually takes the headline seriously enough to pick on. WTF does music so heavy it should be illegal even mean? I thought it was funny, I thought it was one step further than other bands had been going, but I certainly didn't take it seriously, and trying to compare what he hasn't released to any other band based on such words is ridiculous.

Slayer are the Kiss of the thrash world, they are only in it for the money and people have to hate money driven arseholes who steal other band members. Exodus haven't delivered because Gary's been busy on the money band wagon and therefore he does owe us a bloody album and he owes it NOW! As for Testament they are cheating us, the album is done, give it to us now!!
Yeah I thought it was a funny thing to say too. To take it further than that is also funny. I'm just bewildered by the hate of some of these posters.

See now there is others saying it it's a plan and it's going to happen! Mark my words Blabber will be reporting on this tomorrow :p

And because Dave is such an egohead part of the contracts written were that every band pay tribute to him at least once in a set. Those contracts are being re-written now by Father Jnr and it's now three songs a set. Chuck put down a challenge to all bands that he's going a full set and the competition is on. :p
That would be super funny. Someone should print up a phony contract that says that and post it. :)

Yeah I thought it was a funny thing to say too. To take it further than that is also funny. I'm just bewildered by the hate of some of these posters.

I think the whole comment just to get a rise out of other people thing of social media is a big part of the reason many of those comments exist. I wouldn't mind betting some of these idiots probably don't even agree with what they are saying but they say it to get a rise. The word troll is over used on the internet these days, to the point a troll can be anyone who just disagrees with the vox pop, but when it comes to some people they really seem to just take things as far as possible and really live up to the troll mantra.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I think the whole comment just to get a rise out of other people thing of social media is a big part of the reason many of those comments exist. I wouldn't mind betting some of these idiots probably don't even agree with what they are saying but they say it to get a rise. The word troll is over used on the internet these days, to the point a troll can be anyone who just disagrees with the vox pop, but when it comes to some people they really seem to just take things as far as possible and really live up to the troll mantra.
Yeah some people really go that extra mile. I understand the mentality...to a point lol.

Yeah some people really go that extra mile. I understand the mentality...to a point lol.

I understand the 'fun' aspect of saying something to see someone react, but too often it goes way beyond fun. I'm sure we've all managed to get lost in an internet argument from time to time but these people that do it time and time again do make me laugh.