The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah I didn't listen to the audio but I figured there wasn't going to be much to it when I read what had been transcribed.
So they don't really mention the next album other than saying they take a piece here and there like a riff and ditch the rest and mostly start new. Which is kind of different from what was said before.
They do finally have new merch coming, Mike said the site (Flotstilldeath.com) would be up in a couple weeks. But the interview is a month old and I still can't find it. So I don't know when it will be up.

Reactions: Slammed
So they don't really mention the next album other than saying they take a piece here and there like a riff and ditch the rest and mostly start new. Which is kind of different from what was said before.
They do finally have new merch coming, Mike said the site (Flotstilldeath.com) would be up in a couple weeks. But the interview is a month old and I still can't find it. So I don't know when it will be up.

Yeah you are right, he pretty much claimed they had written enough fro two and the next one was going to be an easy and quick record.

A website? how unique :)

Reactions: redfly
I would suspect the likes of Gary and Kragen etc probably don't need to as much as they want to.
Hmm, well but if they didn't need to it would be because their band was doing really well. And if it's doing really well they wouldn't have much time for another band. BUT, I can also go with what you said because I have no frickin idea lol. Is Kragen in anything besides Heathen and Exodus?

HA! Fucking vindication from Zetro!
I have argued with people over the years who say Chuck is not a founding member of Testament. I argued that he was there before the name change from Legacy.
Walt first answered this a few weeks ago and said Chuck wasn't and that it was Zetro's band. And I asked, that even though Chuck was there before the name change, and before the band had an album and was ever signed, he's not a founding member?
And he said yes.
But He just read the question to Zetro and he totally backed me up :D. Because Chuck was there playing shows as Legacy and then the change to Testament. Because some Soul band had the name.
So the founding Testament line up is. Eric, Alex, Greg, Louie and Chuck. Like the albums. :headbang:

Hmm, well but if they didn't need to it would be because their band was doing really well. And if it's doing really well they wouldn't have much time for another band. BUT, I can also go with what you said because I have no frickin idea lol. Is Kragen in anything besides Heathen and Exodus?

I don't think Gary does double duties because he needs too. Obviously not everyone would be paid the kind of money Gary is, same goes for someone like Gene I would guess. I'm sure some people do it to get the extra cash but I also don't think it' a simple as joining a second band just to up the cash reserves. A lot of these guys seem to start/join these bands for fun. I suppose both sides have to exist.

Kragen is/has been in other bands but as to who is actually active and who is in hiatus I don't know.

Haha, don't understand why they wouldn't use their normal official site? There's basically nothing there but they're paying for it.

Record company decision maybe. Could be the record company owns the new domain and everything that goes through it, where as F&J still own the other site.

I don't think Gary does double duties because he needs too. Obviously not everyone would be paid the kind of money Gary is, same goes for someone like Gene I would guess. I'm sure some people do it to get the extra cash but I also don't think it' a simple as joining a second band just to up the cash reserves. A lot of these guys seem to start/join these bands for fun. I suppose both sides have to exist.

Kragen is/has been in other bands but as to who is actually active and who is in hiatus I don't know.
Oh no, I don't think they would do it only because they needed money.

HA! Fucking vindication from Zetro!
I have argued with people over the years who say Chuck is not a founding member of Testament. I argued that he was there before the name change from Legacy.
Walt first answered this a few weeks ago and said Chuck wasn't and that it was Zetro's band. And I asked, that even though Chuck was there before the name change, and before the band had an album and was ever signed, he's not a founding member?
And he said yes.
But He just read the question to Zetro and he totally backed me up :D. Because Chuck was there playing shows as Legacy and then the change to Testament. Because some Soul band had the name.
So the founding Testament line up is. Eric, Alex, Greg, Louie and Chuck. Like the albums. :headbang:

Wiki doesn't agree either :p
Wiki says a guy named Derrick Ramirez was first to sing under the Legacy banner, he was Eric's cousin.
At least Billy Milano can lay claim to the name :)

Oh no, I don't think they would do it only because they needed money.

I'm sure some have. I'm reading Zakk Wylde's book at the moment (it's not a bio just a piss take on life) and he admits that he'd play for just about anyone, but they need to pay him a shitload of money to do so. He also says he's a viking and that bathing is not something he needs to do so anything is possible I suppose.

I'm sure some have. I'm reading Zakk Wylde's book at the moment (it's not a bio just a piss take on life) and he admits that he'd play for just about anyone, but they need to pay him a shitload of money to do so. He also says he's a viking and that bathing is not something he needs to do so anything is possible I suppose.
I didn't know Zakk had a book? Sooo, someone would pay him well to throw pinch harmonics and just do pentatonic scales over everything? :p

Wiki doesn't agree either :p
Wiki says a guy named Derrick Ramirez was first to sing under the Legacy banner, he was Eric's cousin.
At least Billy Milano can lay claim to the name :)
I didn't know Derrick sang. I knew he did guitar and played on Demonic. My argument was only over Testament, not Legacy. Zetro has a thing on Derrick but I haven't watched it yet. It has a few parts to it.

Fuck wiki.

I didn't know Zakk had a book? Sooo, someone would pay him well to throw pinch harmonics and just do pentatonic scales over everything? :p

It is a book but it's really just silly stories and thoughts about him being a viking. People pay him to do all sorts of things, he was an actor, he's been a piano player, he's been a producer. He's a whore when it comes to money, in his own words he'll fist your best friend if it means getting his music heard by another person.