The what's going on in Thrash thread

I don't think he is against the idea that it's a biker look but at the same time he's more about vikings and using his crotchal Mjölnir to conquer the world, and his wife.

I have it on VHS and CD, the CD has the speaker grill cover but the VHS is just a standard plastic cover. I don't think I have it on DVD but I seem to remember watching it more recently that I remember having a VCR connected.
Lol! Way to bust out the mythology! :kickass:

Right. I do have the cd's. It's the big double thick here. Not sure if it's the same to you. It also has the big speaker as a cover.

Reactions: Slammed
Mine used to be a standing issue but these days it's sitting and sometimes it happens in bed too. That really shits me when for seemingly no reason I just wake up and roll over to get out of bed and my back fires a shot and I nearly end up on the floor. Of course those times provide entertainment for my family but it doesn't make me feel better.
Yeah the random ones really suck! Once I decided I needed the exercise so I walked to get groceries. And of course I got a ton. And I had a giant steep hill to go up leading to my house and that's when it goes out on the random lol. Made it home from sheer force of will.

Lol! Way to bust out the mythology! :kickass:

Right. I do have the cd's. It's the big double thick here. Not sure if it's the same to you. It also has the big speaker as a cover.

It may not be a myth. Chris Jericho told him to stop acting like a viking and have a shower. His missus is quoted in the book saying "Zakk's cute when he thinks he's a viking!" Maybe all that viking shit he talks about is real and the rest of the world is not right.

Yeah sounds like it, my cd was a double cardboard thing with the speaker grill on the front and I think standard plastic CD holders on the inside making it the width of at least two crystal cases.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah the random ones really suck! Once I decided I needed the exercise so I walked to get groceries. And of course I got a ton. And I had a giant steep hill to go up leading to my house and that's when it goes out on the random lol. Made it home from sheer force of will.

I walk semi regularly but the problem around here is uneven footpath. If my back is playing up even a small angle can make it twinge but I don't think the council here know how to make concrete level because I'm sure there isn't one path in the area that is flat.

It may not be a myth. Chris Jericho told him to stop acting like a viking and have a shower. His missus is quoted in the book saying "Zakk's cute when he thinks he's a viking!" Maybe all that viking shit he talks about is real and the rest of the world is not right.

Yeah sounds like it, my cd was a double cardboard thing with the speaker grill on the front and I think standard plastic CD holders on the inside making it the width of at least two crystal cases.
You're telling me a glittery scarf wearing WWE wrestler told someone else to stop acting?! LOL, that's some funny shit!

Mine is all plastic like a giant jewel case. But it sounds like the same thing otherwise.

I walk semi regularly but the problem around here is uneven footpath. If my back is playing up even a small angle can make it twinge but I don't think the council here know how to make concrete level because I'm sure there isn't one path in the area that is flat.
We have a cool path around here that's all colored crushed glass. But now pets are starting to cut their feet and bike tires punctured because the idiot company didn't do it right. So now it's going to get ripped up and a normal boring path put in.

You're telling me a glittery scarf wearing WWE wrestler told someone else to stop acting?! LOL, that's some funny shit!

Mine is all plastic like a giant jewel case. But it sounds like the same thing otherwise.

Awe c'mon he's not an actor now, he's a singer in a heavy metal band!

It was a good show, but it was a mistake calling it the No More Tours Tour.

We have a cool path around here that's all colored crushed glass. But now pets are starting to cut their feet and bike tires punctured because the idiot company didn't do it right. So now it's going to get ripped up and a normal boring path put in.

Haha that sounds like something our stupid council would do :)

He's got more albums out than I have too, makes him more of a muso than I ever was :) Although I doubt he's much of a wrestler these days I don't think there is much call for ex-wrestlers in the ring unless they are as popular as The Rock.

Yeah he does, as does KISS and all the other bands that dared mention the word retire. In some ways it's fair enough but honestly I think some people need to forget it and get on with life rather than constantly tell everyone how a band said they would retire but didn't. We've got a pop artist here who has been singing since the 60's, this guy was so popular here could sell out a 50,000 seat arena 10 nights in a row in 5 capital cities. In the 90's he said he was quitting the big arena shows but not quitting touring or recording. Still to this day despite him being in pretty much full retirement now any time his name gets mentioned people still line up to cry about his final tour not being his final tour. Letting go is hard for some people.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ta...s-admiration-for-notorious-right-wing-author/

This kind of thing shits me and not just because I was looking forward to the new Tau Cross. I don't know who the author is, I have no interest in looking him up and I certainly am not going to be influenced in my thoughts just because I read his name on a thank you list. As far as I'm concerned this is the label saying "look at us we need attention so will try to do something that will get in the news". They could have deleted the name from the thank you lists, released the album and no one would have ever known the name was there. They are a record label, they own the rights to what is printed on the sleeve, but no they had to make a public announcement they were getting rid of the band. Fuck record labels when they wield this kind of power.

Eh, I don't know. I have mixed feelings on it. I would imagine it's not just the liner notes but the lyrical content. I'm sure they'll get the album out somehow.

Last edited:
According to the label he 'prominently thanked' the author, according to the band they were asked for their thank you notes and they gave them, neither label or band have mentioned anything about the songs or lyrics. If he wrote a bunch of songs about the topics maybe that's fair ground but with no one mentioning the songs it appears to be only the thank you list Relapse have an issue with.

The album will come out, there is no doubt about that, even if it's an independent release. However I wouldn't put it past Relapse to be making this a publicity stunt and before the due date they will issue a statement saying that the issue has been resolved. I hope it doesn't happen that way but lets face it the publicity bullshit wagon travels quickly these days.

According to the label he 'prominently thanked' the author, according to the band they were asked for their thank you notes and they gave them, neither label or band have mentioned anything about the songs or lyrics. If he wrote a bunch of songs about the topics maybe that's fair ground but with no one mentioning the songs it appears to be only the thank you list Relapse have an issue with.

The album will come out, there is no doubt about that, even if it's an independent release. However I wouldn't put it past Relapse to be making this a publicity stunt and before the due date they will issue a statement saying that the issue has been resolved. I hope it doesn't happen that way but lets face it the publicity bullshit wagon travels quickly these days.
Yeah I really don't know and I'm no big fan of Relapse for other reasons. I'm just guessing about the lyrics it kinda sounded like they were inspired but what the singer read from the guy. But it could also very well be publicity, although if it is just the liner notes it's probably going to be bad publicity lol. The rest of the band seemed very bummed about the album not coming and also horrified by the realization of who the guy is. I wonder how long until we hear the singer's side of it.

Yeah I really don't know and I'm no big fan of Relapse for other reasons. I'm just guessing about the lyrics it kinda sounded like they were inspired but what the singer read from the guy. But it could also very well be publicity, although if it is just the liner notes it's probably going to be bad publicity lol. The rest of the band seemed very bummed about the album not coming and also horrified by the realization of who the guy is. I wonder how long until we hear the singer's side of it.

So far what I've been able to find suggests the liner notes had the author's name and that 'brought into question' the lyrics but Relapse have failed to mention any single song as being a problem. I find it strange that an ex punk singer wrote a bunch of questionable songs about a topic no one, not even the punk himself, claims to believe and it was only found out when the label read the liner notes on the finished product. If nothing else it makes Relapse look incompetent in most parts of their operation.

I guess once something like this happens you could pretty much take any lyrics and say it's supportive of the author. Hard to prove or disprove. there may be a lawsuit on the horizon.
Kind of strange we've heard from everyone but the singer. Although that's not damning itself.

Crap! I forgot to order it. Jeez :err:

Wiki done me wrong. Apparently it's July 19. Glad I didn't go back down the street looking for it.

It's been one of those days, topped off tonight with me trying to figure out how to fix a toilet valve and wondering why the hardware shop has 10 different varieties of them but not mine. Took me an hour to realise that what the shop has isn't a spare part, I don't have to make it fit with what's in there, it replaces everything and I toss the other shit out with the valve. My brain hurts from thinking :)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I guess once something like this happens you could pretty much take any lyrics and say it's supportive of the author. Hard to prove or disprove. there may be a lawsuit on the horizon.
Kind of strange we've heard from everyone but the singer. Although that's not damning itself.

I thought there was a track listing for the album in a recent article about them but I can't find it now. Relapse have done a good job of deleting shit but I thought I'd find a track listing to see what hints the label got. I still find it strange the band knew nothing about it as they were recording, Rob's not the only writer in the band I don't believe